Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and searched... I am looking for a paint code so I can get some paint mixed here in Hawaii for rattle can my flares again since I couldn't ship my old spray cans here.

My questions is: What color of top is this? I bought it a few months ago and it matched my flares perfectly! I now need to retouch the flares and also painting interior to this color as well. Top is from the 97-03 years, has NO dome light and not sure anything else.

Thank you much in advance as this has been driving me crazy over the last 3 weeks!

IF you have a TJ with same color top, can you post what your interior code is?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
based on looking at your side view mirror, gas cap, and side-vented top, your TJ is a 1997-2002....if that is so, then there were only two factory colors for the hardtop: black or tan. "Tan" hard tops were actually more like a light brown, rather than the real tan which Jeep called Camel (interior color). The factory satin finish is prone to fading, which explains the way your top looks. I bought a Sahara with a tan hard top and it looked a lot like yours....a body shop changed the top from the satin tan (brownish) to a gloss (base coat clear coat) Camel to match my interior.

your top looks like tan (faded factory brown).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts