Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 2005 and the top needs to be replaced. I don't know if this top is the OEM or what but I believe that it may be.

Does anybody know what OEM colors were available on 2005 Sports, or what color this is?

I don't know if its some shade of khaki or some shade of gray.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
looks like a black that got badly Sun faded, and didn't get any kind of treatment. if you need a new one just pick the color YOU like best.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
It's really hard to tell but it looks like what I have on my '04 which is Khaki which has been discontinued. If it has the slightest hint of green in it that can only be seen in good sunlight, it is likely that Khaki color. I always thought it was black until Blaine (Black Magic Brakes) pointed out its very slight green tint (BARELY noticeable) and said that's why it is called Khaki. Now I notice it, I didn't before.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the pictures didn't turn out well. It does look like faded black in those pictures but doesn't look at all like that in person and that difinitely isn't what it is because the inside pieces that aren't exposed to the sun would not be faded, or at least not as much.

I think its that dark khaki too. I know its not that silvery gray that some jeeps have but I didn't know if there was a dark gray out there that I was not familiar with.

As far as picking the color I like, I like this color if I could find it.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
Oh no. Say it isn't so. Khaki has been discontinued? That is what I have on my black Jeep. I like the contrast instead of all-black.

Oh well, it will last for awhile as it is only on in the spring and fall.

Here is a pic of the khaki top.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
That shows the khaki color well and is what is on my TJ... it's a great combination, too bad Bestop discontinued that color top.

·
Yipeee Kay Ayyy
2,839 Posts
There's a tag on the floor of the tub (under the carpet - if you still have it) between the drivers door and the drivers seat which has the code for the OEM top.
I don't have a comprehensive list of what the codes relate to but I know mine (VJU) means it had a spice soft top when it left the factory.
If you get the code, at least you can find out what was on it when it left Toledo but if the top has been changed in the meantime, that probably doesn't help.

Attachments

·
Yipeee Kay Ayyy
2,839 Posts
There's a whole bunch of codes for the different colors over the years, these are the only ones I know...

VJN - Softtop White
VJU - Softtop Spice
VJX - Softtop Black
VKN - Hardtop White
VKU - Hardtop Spice
VKX - Hardtop Black

1 - 10 of 10 Posts