Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i know this sounds like a dumb question, i just got my wrangler last week and it came with the soft top and hard top, the hardtop is all tinted as well as the full doors and i am wanting to get the tinted window kit for my soft top which is a bestop sunrider, and everywhere i look there is 2 colors that look like mine, so i am wondering if it is khaki diamond or spice or if there is some kind of tag or something on my soft top where it will tell me what mine is? i havent found it yet, and i got the jeep with the soft top on it and no paperwork on the top. its on a 1997 tj sahara, ill attach a picture, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Since you have hard doors you are in a better spot than I am, had to replace the soft uppers when the cheap zippers went kaput, bought spice to match my top, well one mans spice is not the same as others....

my top is khaki, I believe the doors are nutmeg now.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
this is "spice" as it was called on my top when i bought it a year ago, these were the original doors that matched

looks darker than yours,top pic it was only a couple weeks old

·
Registered
750 Posts
if your top is more grey in color, which it looks like in the pic, it is khaki diamond. at least that is what quadratec told me when I was shopping around for a replacement.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My 02 sales brochure has it listed as tan. I might be different in 97 though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright so from the pics i see its definetly not spice soo now its just a toss up between dark tan and khaki... worst case i order one and its the opposite, thanks!

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Your top is an aftermarket (Bestop I guess as you have indicated). And you can tell by the fact that there is not the diagonal divider across the window. You need to find out from Bestop what color it is. Also for the replacement windows, you need to check with Bestop. I Dark Tan and Spice are the only brown colors offered for the sunrider. http://www.bestop.com/doors-and-windows/windows-and-door-skins and they only offer Spice windows for the sunrider. Ihttp://www.bestop.com/doors-and-windows/windows-and-door-skins

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Your top is definitely not Spice. I have a 97 and needed a new top. Mine originally was Spice. So I bought what a guy advertised as Spice off of eBay. It was dark out and I never really looked hard at the color when I picked it up. Next day in the light it was absolutely not Spice. Looks identical to yours. I needed to buy new upper doors so I ordered Dark Tan Bestop sliders and they match the top perfectly. My vote is you have Dark Tan.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
My 99 with the same paint job as yours came with Dark Tan. Neighbor also has same Jeep and replaced with Spice. It doesn't match the interior as well as the Dark Tan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hate to drag this thread back up but finally got my tinted window kit and dark tan it was, now i just need to get my post count up so i can post my clear windows in the for sale section lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts