Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

What color to paint my YJ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have some pictures of the color on a yj, Other jeep years will work too, that would be great.

I plan on doing a paint job, possibly by myself (Maybe help from family).

I was looking for color ideas thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That green from the new Camaro

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That green from the new Camaro
The bright green?

Wish my mom got her camaro green, instead we got black, but color don't effect speed, i'm satisfied with the SS going 155 before shutting down the power too. Don't ask how I figured that one out :)

I was thinking of going with the green on the newer wrangler mountain edition.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Red! Is there any other color?:wavey:

Ok....Maybe not. If I repainted I'd probably go with silver:punk:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red! Is there any other color?:wavey:

Ok....Maybe not. If I repainted I'd probably go with silver:punk:
I'm not sure I want red, unless it was a one-off red.
I'm really thinking Green, maybe the same blue I have, its like a sparkly blue, darker in color, just really needs to be re-done.

And silver sounds good too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine is the dark midnight blue metal flake. I like it but if I get it painted I am thinking about gun metal gray. Its kind of a darker shiny gray and hides scratches really well. We had a 1980 3/4 ton chevy work truck that we bull dozed through the woods in that was that color and it still looked good after all the beatings it took. Here is an example of the color.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Project87YJ said:
Mine is the dark midnight blue metal flake. I like it but if I get it painted I am thinking about gun metal gray. Its kind of a darker shiny gray and hides scratches really well. We had a 1980 3/4 ton chevy work truck that we bull dozed through the woods in that was that color and it still looked good after all the beatings it took. Here is an example of the color.
I totally forgot about that color. I love that too thanks. I almost bought a mustang gt that color. I fell in love. Also looking at an od green type/

·
Registered
102 Posts

That's a nice color

419 Posts
I like the gunmetal or like a charcoal color

I'm getting my YJ painted as well! So, I think I am going with either of those

1 - 11 of 11 Posts