Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have searched and haven't found the answer.On my 2003 TJ the interior lights are not comming on part of the time. Other times they will. If you leave the lights on, no buzzer. several other weird things going on with lights and such. It is not the door switches. I have checked that out. I do have the situation that they key can come out of the ignition and the radio goes off. The light thing is new but could it be connected or is their something that controls all the light stuff.
Ben

·
Registered
64 Posts
I own a 2006 Wrangler, I really don't know about a 2003, even if the controls are the same as the 06. All that light stuff your talking about on my 06,works off the turn signal control. Which in turn is controlled by your ignition switch. What you commented about including your radio, can be caused, if your using a big bungle of keys or a lot of weight on your key chain,that hangs off your ignition switch, get rid of it. Sounds like you damaged your ignition switch, which effects your lighting situation, that your talking about, especially if your Key falls out of the switch. I have seen this before.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
The interior lights, are fed by fuse #26 (10 amp) in the pdc under the hood. The interior lighting circuit does not run through the ignition switch, but is constant 12 volt power. This circuit also feeds the door chime, and supplies continuous power for the radio presets/clock, and gauge cluster. The interior lights and chime are switched on the ground side of the circuit using the removal of fuse #4 in the fuse box as a disconnect (to break the path to ground) to keep the lights off when the doors are off. I would first check to see if you have a loose ground wire. The ground is the same for the interior lights and the ignition switch and is located on the driver's side kick panel.

·
Registered
301 Posts
On my 99 the previous owner removed the driver side door jamb light button. Until I installed a new switch I had no audible alarms. You may have a faulty botton.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts