Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to find the source of some metallic rubbing like sound on the left wheels of my Jeep (2010 Sahara) last night and came across some VERY oily/greasy parts on the front end of the Jeep. I cleaned off all of the oil/grease and after driving it a bit today, found what I think is the area where it's coming from (see video)

I'm taking it into the dealer in the morning, but just wanted to see if anyone here knew what could be going on.
It doesn't smell like engine oil (oil level is fine), doesn't really have much of a smell to it at all...

Any thoughts??

???? - YouTube

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Looks like ya need a new Power Steering hose.....You might clean it off good and try tightening the ends, make sure they haven't just loosened up a little....."BH"

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great. Thanks guys!
Will be good to go into the dealer and be able to tell them what's going on.

I checked the power steering fluid level and it's normal. The steering feels totally normal as well.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You might want to check the fluid level in your Power Steering res..... If it;s been leaking a long time you may be pretty low, don't want to burn up a good pump for lack of oil !! $$$$$$$$$$ :facepalm: "BH"

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Baby Huey said:
You might want to check the fluid level in your Power Steering res..... If it;s been leaking a long time you may be pretty low, don't want to burn up a good pump for lack of oil !! $$$$$$$$$$ :facepalm: "BH"
The power steering fluid level is fine. Totally normal which is surprising to me being there was a lot of fluid on various parts of the jeep in front of the axle.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update....

It turned out to be the trans. cooler line that was leaking....
It was repaired, but I don't think anything was flat out replaced....hopefully it won't leak any more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts