Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have much information since I haven't looked at it yet. Here's what I know:

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4WD - $12,988
Mileage (allegedly) 86,574
Red (outside) Slate (inside)
V6
6 speed manual
4X4

This is a dealer sale so the price, year and mileage don't seem to add up. I would expect it to list for around $15,700 or higher. If I make the drive to look at it; what should I look for?

After looking over the pictures, it appears to be a very basic trim package. No power windows/locks, basic AM/FM/CD stereo, no cruise control (this would be a deal breaker for me). Could this be why the price is so low?

·
Registered
125 Posts
That price doesn't seem that low. It is an X. X means "comes with nothing eXtra". I bought a 2007 JKUX in December with more miles (109K) for $11.2K out the door.

Still, check its history. Mine was 1 owner, no accidents, and garage kept.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also, depending on where you are from, manual transmissions can be significantly cheaper in a given market. Here such a vehicle would be around the same price with a soft or hard top in a manual transmission. An automatic would be closer to $15K as you originally expected.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
2,836 Posts
The 3.8L motor certainly takes a small dip in resale. That seems a reasonable price considering it is the 3.8, it is 11 years old and its barebones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I personally advice friends and family to avoid that 3.8. Heard nothing but issues with them. the newer 3.6 is used so much within the FCA lineup, finding parts is much easier.

·
Super Moderator
2,011 Posts
I personally advice friends and family to avoid that 3.8. Heard nothing but issues with them. the newer 3.6 is used so much within the FCA lineup, finding parts is much easier.
The 3.6 isn’t exactly problem-free, it has its share of issues too.

If the price, miles and condition were right, I wouldn’t have a problem buying a 3.8/6-speed

·
Registered
86 Posts
Really not bad for an "X"... may be hard for a dealer to finance an 11 year old vehicle, and given the pending unemployment issues he simply could be trying to do a cash fire sale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts