Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this jeep about 1 week ago. I bought it not running. I am going to put a v8 into it, but want to get it running before I pull the 2.5
It has no spark and is getting no fuel.
The previous owner said that it died on him while he was driving. Was thinking about the ignition control module but 94 2.5's don't have one. Is there anything besides the comouter that could cause this. I don't want to put much into it only to pull it. Just want to know everything is working before I start yanking.
Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
computer

·
Registered
55 Posts
See if you can scan it for codes, that should point you in the general direction of the problem if something is wrong. Check fuses and stuff too, no spark and no fuel at the same time seems odd.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked all the fuses and they were all good. It is not throwing a code. I did the key off and on three times and couldn't get anything.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was set on putting in a brand new hemi that I can get ridiculously cheap, but after reading the swaps for the hemi and gen 3 gm motors, I think i am going to go the gm route. I am much more comfortable working on gm type things and so are my buddies.

I actually started tearing things apart last night. Gonna throw a 4 inch lift on it and put my touches on it while I find the motor I want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts