Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Dana 60 rear end do I want for my 87 yj ? Whats most compatable? And what front end should i get?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ibuildembig said:
In short you don't lol. A 70, 10.25, or 14 bolt are much better choices. How big of a tire? Horsepower?
Sorry spaced the questions haha well now a 33 but I want at least 39's and eventually a 5.9 Cummins ( hopefully a Cummins) anyway and im makin good money now so I'd rather get some stuff done!

·
Registered
14,065 Posts

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Yea thats not gonna happen I might make good money but i can get a junkyard axle and rebuild it for cheaper haha why pay more? For what u can do for cheaper!
Ok good. Like to throw that out there just to see what kind of guy we are dealing with. You passed.:thumb:

Listen to IBB. The only advantage a D60 has over the other he listed is clearance. You can shave a 14bt to have better clearance. The 10.25 is likely to be the least expensive at a yard and easy to find.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nick50471 said:
Ok good. Like to throw that out there just to see what kind of guy we are dealing with. You passed.:thumb:

Listen to IBB. The only advantage a D60 has over the other he listed is clearance. You can shave a 14bt to have better clearance. The 10.25 is likely to be the least expensive at a yard and easy to find.
I didn't know u could shave it

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How thick of ar500 they have 1/4 3/8 or 1/2 on the one step place I found that u dont have to order a full sheet

1 - 20 of 109 Posts