Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

What Dash Cam are you using?

6K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  jwt873 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about getting a dash cam for a while
but really don't know which one is a good one.

What are some that others are using?

Thank you

#2 ·
Hey, So, I did a 5 days research and in my opinion the best option price/quality is Vantrue T2. Here is the link https://amzn.to/2OqG4s8

The best part is that it connects thru OBD port which allows you to easily enable Parking Monitor and completely hide all cables. It took me to connect and hide cables in 5 mins. Downside is that it doesn't have rear camera view and thats why I will purchase one more and install on rear window. I was on trip for 4 days and parking monitor was still working when I came back. I think it's because jeeps battery is powerful enough. Don't worry it has power saving mode and will disable parking monitor if battery level goes under 11.5V.

#4 ·
I use the Roav, without GPS. Now and then I wish I had spent the extra and got the other model. The GPS version records your speed.
I also tried the Rexing. The Rexing didnt offer wifi to watch or download the videos. I've found, however, I rarely use that feature.
My only other issue with the Rexing was that the adhesive kept allowing it to fall from the windshield. I had installed it in January, so the temp probably had a little to do with that, although the Roav that preceded and replaced it had no issues with adhesion.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I have the rexing v1 in 3 cars....a set it and forget it operation....I've already had to use footage from one.....

#6 · (Edited)
I have the Anker Roav C1. Nice little unit. Great customer service and regular updates. Now at software Ver 8.7. There was an issue with the screens in the earlier units and I was contacted by the company for a replacement. The other option was a 3 year warranty. I took the warranty instead. I have had no issues at all with the cam. It's been in service for over a year and has shown no problems at all.

#9 ·
Midland XTC 280 here. $45 on Amazon. HD 1080 easy to use, mount and download footage. It even has an image stabilizer that helps when on the trails. I also mount it on my motorcycle helmet too. I use it for all my YouTube channel videos.

Reactions: mattyw
#11 ·
I have been using this high dollar (comparatively) unit, it records both front and rear facing simultaneously. The recording features weren't a consideration when shopping, I was interested in a better rear view. You know, it's very tough to see through an oversized spare, head rests and a wiper motor box. The rear view cam is mounted behind the spare tire and has an excellent field of view with a better vision at night than a conventional mirror. The one negative characteristic is that the panel is very reflective, meaning that the digital image can sometimes be over powered by the actual reflection. I addressed this issue with 100% results by hanging a veil from the roll bar behind the front seats.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMK74JJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#12 ·
I've made vlogs in my '13 Kia Soul before, using an eBay taller suction mount. I used velcro to attach it to the plastic dashboard bin. Works like a charm. The only drawback, is that, when it gets really hot in the summer, the mounts slides down the sticky side. I just peel it off and re-align it. I haven't made a vlog in years, but when I'm in the mood, I do it and post them on YouTube

#13 ·
I have the Blackvue DR590 2CH (front and rear view camera). I also have a DR650 in my Grand Cherokee.

Both cameras have an internal wifi that you can access with a Blackvue app to review videos from your phone.

#15 ·
I've got a little Viofo A119. I tucked it up behind the rear view mirror so it wouldn't block my vision. It's hard wired in. I ran the power lead up the driver's A pillar. The video is decent. I often save some of the interesting video that gets recorded when I'm wheeling off road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.