Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018JKU in Rhino (best color ever)
475 Posts
Does making stickers on my wife's craft cutter count? My jeep's name "rhino" is now proudly displayed.

This could get ridiculously addictive as I've got about a billion ideas for other "decor".

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Added the last of this year's BOH badges.....my goal for next year is to complete the eastern sea board and texas....that'll put me at half way done...
I'm jealous. I'm in TX and the nearest BOH park is 7 hours away. I've suggested they add Hidden Falls park in Marble Falls, but haven't heard back yet.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
My Rhino Willys JKU is also named "rhino".

And yes, stickers count as mods...

I tried to talk my kids into something a little more aggressive looking, but my daughters gave me the "daaaah-deee but this rhino is cuuuuute"... I'm totally not wrapped around their pinky and they're totally not spoiled brats. :p

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Screwed around with mounts and accessories.

Ordered the maxtrax pins, as I could not come up with a good solution. Same goes for the box haven't decided. Probably going to just drill into it.
Man I love that Rhino-Rack. It's definitely on my list.

Out of curiosity- what's the case you have on it? Is that a Roam?

·
Premium Member
475 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
good question.. here is the answer
several reasons

behind the factory panel you are pointing there is a circuit board. You need to change that.. you can't just replace the facing by making a hole.. i already looked behind last year because i wanted to have the heater seat buttons there... to make it work on that panel you need to change the circuit board to either allow a contact or redesign the circuit.

the second reason is because if someday i decide to reset to default.. ( restore the factory look). I can .
i try as much as possible not to drill and cut anything.. or if i do the part im drilling is cheap and very easy to find and replace.. alot people aren't aware but the dash is very expensive...well over 5k$ with the center console. I try no to cross the line of no return.
Excellent reply and information. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
475 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Funny you should ask. I just got the chance to test them out yesterday on rocks and trees but I didnt run into any walls. I followed a bunch of lifted jeeps with 35s and 37s in a stock rubicon with stock km3s on some trails and beat the crap out of them. They held up really well as far as I'm concerned. I don't think any powder coating would hold up to what i did to them.
My only 2 critiques are I wish they were frame mounted and tucked up higher. I think i wouldnt have hit half as many rocks if they didnt hang down so low and I did hit one rock hard enough that I think it tweaked the pinch seem a bit. But I am a new jeeper and it was really the first technical trail I did other than some rocky forest roads like Petersmill in VA. More experienced drivers may have been able to avoid some of those hard hits and grinds. I think I managed to dent one spot on the lower tube but it didnt bend the tube just dented it. View attachment 4464327
View attachment 4464326

They were on the jeep when I bought it and I do really like the style. I might eventually modify them to be frame mounted and tuck up higher. Just need to learn how to weld. Lol
Time to go get some touch up paint.
Excellent report! Thank you sir.

I’m headed out this weekend for the first big trail run in my mostly stock JKUS and looking forward to hopefully not denying mine too badly also :)

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Started installing Teraflex sway bar disconnects and realized I must have loaned out an 18mm wrench to the abyss... so now I'm headed to the nearest autoparts place to acquire another one. I hate driving the wife's minivan.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Finished installing the sway bar disconnects. Driver side was a breeze. That passenger side was a little crowded...

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
I got a closer look at mine to hit them with some spray paint and saw i beat them up a lot more than i thought. they still look good from the top side though. Guess i shouldnt follow jeeps with lifts and 35" tires when i'm still stock. lol
You don’t get good stories if you don’t scratch up the paint job every now and then :p

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Put a wreath on my Jeep
It’s 3d printer Lego you see
So if you drive by
Honk so I know you’re jolly.

(My rhymes are, I believe the kids would say, whack)

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
I did the Tweeter mod on mine. Wrapped the project up last evening. I'm very pleased with the results. I recommend it highly for the cost and very little effort it is terrific.
I’m new. What’s the tweeter mod?

1 - 20 of 136 Posts