Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2013 JKR, 6 speed manual trans. 2 inch AEV spacer lift, 35x12.5x17
106 Posts
I took some of the same stickers off but I cannot seem to get that gummy junk off no matter what I try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would not suggest what I used...
I used t-shirt and a small spray of starting fluid on the shirt and some elbow grease.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not much today just unboxed front bumper, flat metal fenders, light bar mounts, MLC6 and aluminum grab handles. Now just need to get time to install it all!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks good! I actually kinda like the before look too. Was that the mopar light bar on before? It looks like it has more room, what KC light size was that underneath it? I have the mopar bar and Hella lights on top but I kind of want to have them underneath the bar, but mine doesnt look like it has as much room as yours. My current Hella lights wont fit underneath.
Not sure what bar it was that was on the Jeep. That was the setup when I bought it. The KC lights are 6.5 inches from outside to outside with the covers on. Just went out and measured the height of the bar I took off, it looks to be right at 11.5 inches to the light mounting tabs.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice. How long did it take to swap the fenders?? That is a really cool color.
Just taking my time, not in a rush. It took 4 hours with the running back to the parts store three different times for drill bits that I evidently didn’t have. It was the first time ever installing fenders so I went at it nice and slow.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So today I upgraded the spare tire carrier.
After removing the stock hinges it did shift a little.

so while opening the tailgate this happened, I have just removed it for now. I am looking for a stronger option.
Other than the limiting arm popping out, I only had one other problem. I have to tap one bolt hole one the center carrier itself. I will take care of that Thursday hopefully.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Interested in your experience with the Trail Hogs after you put some miles on them. I have a set of Mud Hogs that I've only used on the trail once with a little street driving. I normally drive AT3W's on the street and left them on for the winter. Now that the temps are warming up and I hope to have more trail time, I will swap the Kanati's back on. The Trail hogs look like they could be a good middle ground.
I will definitely let you know what I think of them as the miles rack up.
I will say this so far, I had Falken Wild Peak M/T on and the wife says that the Trail Hogs are quieter right now. We jump on the interstate for a quick ride and at 70 they was very little noise from them. They handled really well, and ride better then the Falkens

·
Registered
106 Posts
Like some of the others have stated, I too hope you post more about plans, install, etc. I'm looking to do the same with mine. I ordered some fabric samples from a place called Spoonflower.

I want mine to be able to hold velcro patches, so they suggested fleece for the fabric. What did you use for yours? That plaid looks great! Look forward to your posts on this.
If you sowed the Velcro to the cloth, you wouldn’t be limited to fleece, and it would be a better connection.
Or atleast I would be so.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah. I'm sick of seeing my hood bounce up & down. Thanks!
This might help you also, it did for me. I just removed the spring under the hood and kept the JK good latches and my hood bounce is gone.
About a two minute job and no money spent. It might be worth a try for you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Took it back to the dealer again. Got in it and it is still leaking passenger side around the freedom top. Just pick it up yesterday after they replaced the seals on the top.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Picked it up this evening from a new clutch install. The old clutch was fine but the throwout bearing started to squeal. Got it taken care of before it became a bigger issue.

Went with a LuK and it behaves so much differently. Easy pedal and smooth like butter. Most importantly though, no noise.

I’m happy with it.
I just had my clutch replaced also because the throw out bearing was starting to make noise also. I went with the Centerforce. Dual friction. It is done but I will have to wait to pick it up because the wife test positive for COVID on Tuesday and now I am sick as well. Waiting my test results.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts