Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 JKU Sahara.
32 Posts
Had some Gremlins I was chasing. Speedometer would drop out with no loss of power, random dummy lights, radio reset. Popped the hood and the negative terminal was loose enough to just pull off with my fingers. tried tightening the nut on top and way to much corrosion. Cut the wires and added a splice kit until my replacement heavy duty terminals come in. Luckily no corrosion or burn made it past the soldered joint. It fixed every issue I was having LOL! These OEM terminals are crap!!

Automotive tire Wood Road surface Asphalt Python

Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Gas Automotive wheel system
Font Poster Publication Signage Advertising

·
Registered
2013 JKU Sahara.
32 Posts
Thanks! I thought of that, unfortunately the terminal was so eaten up I couldn't loosen or tighten the nut. I tried PB Blaster, WD, Wire brush, etc. my only real option was replacement entirely. I ordered some heavy duty multi-port terminals which opened up the ability to add more stuff....pretty sure I have spent more in the last few days on this jeep than I did rebuilding my midget LMAO!! As we speak my wife and daughter are on the couch ordering more stuff.....

·
Registered
2013 JKU Sahara.
32 Posts
Got the terminals in and changed the negative out. Every time I went to cut the wires on the positive side it would start raining. That'll be tomorrow lol. Looks clean, nice and it is tight. I also got the Sahara stickers and the flag stickers off with a Guitar pick and patience.

Light Motor vehicle Bag Luggage and bags Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2013 JKU Sahara.
32 Posts
Today I replaced the thermostat. It was easier than I thought it was going to be.

Sun went down and I pulled the grill and aligned the headlights. It seems the previous owner stuck the led headlights in and didn't point them correctly. Low beam was high and the brights where waaaaaay high. Didn't get flashed when I took it for a test drive 🤣

·
Registered
2013 JKU Sahara.
32 Posts
So my Daughter decided the jeep's name is Alien. Today I put the name stickers on the hood, changed the trail rated badge, and added an alien sticker to the windshield. I couldn't get a good pic of the windshield but I'll add what we got...

I also added some led accent lights under the dash and back seat. Now we can see the floor board at night. Of course we will keep them green....
Tire Wheel Plant Car Sky

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Yellow Vehicle door

Font Rectangle Art Slope Screenshot

·
Registered
2013 JKU Sahara.
32 Posts
Two days, about two hours per day after work and I got the rock lights installed. Word of advice for anyone thinking of doing this..... take your time and plan everything out before you start. It makes it so much easier. I spent several days just crawling around underneath the jeep to map out wiring and stuff, made it go nice and smooth 😎

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Car

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
2013 JKU Sahara.
32 Posts
Thanks for the post and advice…looks great. I’ve had a set for a couple of months I have yet to install…lol.
Thanks! If you need some advice when you go to install them I'd be more than happy to give you help. It really isn't that hard, just time consuming. I even hid all the wires under the hood and made it as clean as possible 😆 my OCD wouldn't have it any other way. 4 hours for one person isn't bad I think, even installed a switch in the cab.

Reactions: DBL
1 - 7 of 7 Posts