Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

97581 - 97600 of 97762 Posts

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
We did a little riding around the Central City area today. Ended up near an old mine with some abandoned houses. A very cool place, but I think we may have been trespassing without knowing it :( I did get a nice pic of the Jeep, though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Pulled the doors today... Later than normal this year because the last few weeks were so darn cold. Temps were way below what they should have been.

I've taken the doors off my '16 JK every summer since it was new. Never had a problem. This year, the passenger door slid right off, but the driver's door hinges were stuck. The door wouldn't budge.

Fortunately a shot of WD40 along with some tugging and rocking of the door broke it free. Don't want to go through that again next year. Got some Delrin liners on order :)

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Started Friday night and finished Saturday installing a Rugged Ridge HD Front Bumper and Smittybilt XRC Gen3 12,000# winch. I still need to wind the synthetic line with proper tension and buy a few accessories to go with it.

1 bruised finger, 2 scrapes 😅 and a sore back and I'm ready to go back to work for some needed rest 😉

Washed a few blood smears off the grill this morning 😜

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Finally found another Scepter 5 gallon fuel can. Finding these things at a reasonable price is like a treasure hunt.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Found the culprit causing the noise at low speed i keep hearing over the past couple months.

I've checked if the driveshaft was rubbing on something, i checked the differentials, i checked the exhaust, i checked the bearings, i checked the axles, i checked if the brakes are seized, i checked if the brake pads are loose, i checked if the brake pad retaining clips were loose, i checked the bumpers, the side rails, my skid plates, the brake dust shields.

I've had the brakes apart 3 times to service and clean them, swap the oem pads back in, and replace the brake pad clips.

Nothing fixed it!

Today i tore the brakes apart for the 4th time before I break down and admit defeat and take it to a mechanic.

I pulled off the drivers rear rotor to take a peek at the e-brakes, and this piece of metal was inside the hub.

I guess as I was driving it was just flopping around inside the rotor hat and hub making the noise...

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Put my half doors back on today.
Soft top next weekend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On Saturday I removed the carpet, and wiped down the entire interior. I vacuumed the carpet, and struggled with removing the pet hair. Installed a neoprene back seat cover, snagged from Extreme Terrain for $37.00 (open-box, description stated the zipper was broken. It wasn't.). Then I put a GPCA Cargo-Cover, I think it meant more for cargo-covering with the hard-top on. When driving topless, the flaps flap in the wind. I think I will buy a snap-kit, and install snaps to keep it still. Then I put on the Poison Spyder top. After all that, I had to park in the garage because it rained... Successful day, adding the subwoofer in the back will fully round out the summer.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Started Friday night and finished Saturday installing a Rugged Ridge HD Front Bumper and Smittybilt XRC Gen3 12,000# winch. I still need to wind the synthetic line with proper tension and buy a few accessories to go with it.

1 bruised finger, 2 scrapes 😅 and a sore back and I'm ready to go back to work for some needed rest 😉

Washed a few blood smears off the grill this morning 😜

·
Registered
299 Posts
Replaced Mopar 2" lift springs with a set from Synergy. With the Mopar springs, the front sat a bit higher than I preferred. I thought about adding a small rear spacer but with plans to install flat fenders, I opted to look for a spring with slightly less lift. After reading some sparse but good reviews of Synergy, I opted to buy a set of their 1” JKU/2” JK springs. I hoped they would provide less lift front and rear but realistically expected about the same lift rear and slightly less front because synergy springs are designed to retain the factory rake. I also installed Synergy rear spring wedges which proved unnecessary. With the Mopar rear springs, there was a little bow but I think not enough to warrant the wedges.

Results:
The Synergy front spring is 1” shorter than the Mopar front spring (used 350 miles) and provided .5” less lift, just what I was looking for. The Synergy rear spring is 7/8” longer than the Mopar spring. Combined with the wedges, resulted in 3/8” additional lift.

The net result is too much rake and a firmer ride. I suspect removing the wedges would put rear ride height just about where the Mopars were. It is thought that the two are close in spring rate and my initial test drive with just the rears installed felt the same as with the Mopars, but stiffer once I added the fronts.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
On Saturday I removed the carpet, and wiped down the entire interior. I vacuumed the carpet, and struggled with removing the pet hair. Installed a neoprene back seat cover, snagged from Extreme Terrain for $37.00 (open-box, description stated the zipper was broken. It wasn't.). Then I put a GPCA Cargo-Cover, I think it meant more for cargo-covering with the hard-top on. When driving topless, the flaps flap in the wind. I think I will buy a snap-kit, and install snaps to keep it still. Then I put on the Poison Spyder top. After all that, I had to park in the garage because it rained... Successful day, adding the subwoofer in the back will fully round out the summer.
Lilly brush for hair.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
The wife got a good ride in and then it passed the emissions inspection. The registration has been renewed and hopefully the new tag will come before our road trip.

97581 - 97600 of 97762 Posts