Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

97601 - 97620 of 97762 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
it was actually saturday but replaced a bunch of bulds with LEDs. fog lights, back up lights and interior lights. what a difference. there is a pic of 1 fog light changed and then both for a comparison. and a picture of each bulb. also a pic of the left backup changed to compare to the right...hard to tell in daylight. and interior lights. oh and neoprene armrest/console cover so I don't burn my elbow with top open.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
I replaced the three interior lights with led bulbs. I like the improvement a lot! So much brighter when I open the doors. This is yet another improvement I notice over the past 30 years of driving YJs exclusively. The little light under the dash was barely enough to light up the floor pan! lol.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I replaced the three interior lights with led bulbs. I like the improvement a lot! So much brighter when I open the doors. This is yet another improvement I notice over the past 30 years of driving YJs exclusively. The little light under the dash was barely enough to light up the floor pan! lol.
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. You have what you used and where purchased? Thanks...

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. You have what you used and where purchased? Thanks...
This was one of my first upgrade. I picked up a pack from eBay for $3.74 shipped. It also includes license plate lights. I have had absolutely no issues and they are way brighter. Looks like the price got raised to $3.94 shipped.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The ones from eBay are from China and will take 1+ months to arrive, and will probably work just fine.
The ones from Amazon are imported from China at 4x the cost from China, but you get them in 2 days and if you had any issue, replacing them will happen much faster. You are essentially paying extra for them to stock the inventory here.

DiodeDynamics is a US company that makes their lights in Missouri. Their lights are double the price of the Amazon ones. Three months ago, I would have bought on Amazon, but now with the Covid situation here and knowing that every dollar counts, I'd be tempted to pay the $28 for the US made ones, knowing that they are for sure a better quality than the Chinese ones. The Chinese LED most likely use lower bin emitters and cheaper electronics in the drivers.

I've got a lot of Chinese stuff and I don't have anything against them, I think it's good to support all countries. But think about how many members here recommend the Bartact covers over the discount seat covers.

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
The ones from eBay are from China and will take 1+ months to arrive, and will probably work just fine.
The ones from Amazon are imported from China at 4x the cost from China, but you get them in 2 days and if you had any issue, replacing them will happen much faster. You are essentially paying extra for them to stock the inventory here.

DiodeDynamics is a US company that makes their lights in Missouri. Their lights are double the price of the Amazon ones. Three months ago, I would have bought on Amazon, but now with the Covid situation here and knowing that every dollar counts, I'd be tempted to pay the $28 for the US made ones, knowing that they are for sure a better quality than the Chinese ones. The Chinese LED most likely use lower bin emitters and cheaper electronics in the drivers.

I've got a lot of Chinese stuff and I don't have anything against them, I think it's good to support all countries. But think about how many members here recommend the Bartact covers over the discount seat covers.
i would have purchased the usa ones too. i’ve been trying to look more before i buy. i failed this time for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yesterday I blacked out my headlight retainer rings, rewired one of my headlights and wired my pillar cubes in line with my fog lights.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Finished rotor/brake, parking brake, dust shield install.

Filled it up at Costco w/premium at $1.99 a gallon.

Tuned it.

Ready for muddy trails tomorrow.

For all you wondering: there was an easily noticeable difference when tuned to 87 (placebo effect?). Going from 87 to 93 tune: there was an increase, but I had to look a little harder for it. 👍

Now for 37/38" tires?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Here is the new look with the hubs. What a job. But at freeway speeds it seems a bit nicer and actually seems to steer easier. Could all me in my mind.
IMG_4669.JPG

97601 - 97620 of 97762 Posts