Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

97621 - 97640 of 97762 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Installed MPS molle panels for the rear hump area. Very pleased with quality and fitment. Fit with my rear seat tilt. Not sure if it normally does. Or was adjusted after my email asking about it. Helped to clear some useable storage area. Eliminated the storage box I had in back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Had my ACE Engineering A-Pillar brackets sandblasted and powder coated gloss black, going to hopefully pick em up today!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Thanks. Mine came with 265/70s and they just last too freaking long. Can’t justify getting the 285/70s until I wear them out more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The BFG ko2s that I just replaced lasted around 87,000 miles. The tires are expensive but they sure last a long time.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Played around with where to mount the cb. I’m thinking it will go in the bottom right corner of the removable panel below the steering wheel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pulled 2 rows of carpet and washed them. I hit the floor pan with some Rustoleum where the puddle was on drivers side. They smell better. Also ripped off the pad that holds water. Gotta get some sealing tape. Carpet was fun to reinstall after a little imbibing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
Control arms are dropped, ready to start the rebuild process.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Did some towing the first time using my JKU and my 8ft dump trailer. I forgot how much higher my hitch would be with larger tires and 2.5 lift. lol Was wondering WTH is going on when I realized what was the problem. Oh well! Have to breakdown tomorrow and pick up an adjustable hitch as it's used for both my F150 and jeep. With the 4.56 gears and 6 speed it pulled the trailer loaded with mulch real easy. I have a couple pretty steep hills and was able to stay mostly in 4th gear. Was impressed especially compared to my old 99 TJ. lol Anyway I did manage to get 3 loads picked up but decided I want to get the adjustable hitch before doing more mulch hauling. Don't like hauling a dump trailer with that much of an angle.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Installed the front rotors and brake pads that Max Advanced Brakes -- good Canadian company -- kindly sent me in exchange for money.

I have to say that I'm quite happy, particularly since when I engage the brakes I actually stop.

Now that I've largely resolved the issues I had, only a few niggling ones remaining like the leaky rear window washer unit, the next project will be the acquisition and install of a e-locker for the rear axle. Just have to sell the soft top to partly fund it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Few days belated now, but last weekend finished my LoD slider install after taking a newbishly long time worrying about this and that.

And I had my first experience of getting soaked in the Jeep when tempting fate (and being lazy) with the freedom panels off. Sunday was a nice day with some interesting weather blowing in off the coast so I headed up Highway 1 for a drive. There were occasional sprinkles but the air turbulence kept them from really landing in the Jeep. Turns out this doesn't work in a straight downpour though, and I eventually drove into one and had to stop and throw the panels on. Figure it's a rite of passage though usually one that should be easy to avoid out here where it doesn't rain half the year. All good fun anyways.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
I finally got around to the 500 mile regear oil change in the rear. Put somewhere around 2.375 quarts in the rear 44. I took the cover off to fully clean it. The previous oil I assume was a less expensive oil and looked OK. I took out the OEM drain plug as well...I would advise to do it if you take your whole cover off (u might as well) I took a picture after the second wipe, it had a bunch of metal on probably from the original change.

Teased my JK with a taste of what she is going to get when she's ready for the next oil change. (Did an oil change on a different car today)

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts

Replaced hood decal and installed the rear seat plastic block kit to give it a little recline,

Still holding my breath for a Discount Tire sale for memorial day but...so far, nothing...

·
Grumpy Old Guy
2,836 Posts
Created a traction mat set of pins for my roof rack. $60 a set for most sets, I made these for under $20.

Was not super excited to spend $40-60 on a single set of Maxtrax or equivalent traction board mounts, so I went to my local Home Depot and CramAzon and gathered the ingredients to do these on the cheap. Total cost is roughly < $20 for 2 mounts. My mats when stacked are exactly 3 3/4" at the mounting holes.

Parts needed:

2 Clamps - Nilight 2pcs Light Bar Clamps :

2 - 5/16" x 5 1/2" coarse thread hex bolts
2 - 5/16" coarse thread nuts
2 - 3/4" washers
4 - 1/2" washers

1 Package Arnold Handle Bolts, Home Depot in the garden section. Replacement lawn mower/pull mower handle kit.

Clamp on the horizontal bars of your roof rack, slide boards on, add washer to protruding bolt, tighten the T handle (handle has nylon lock nuts), done. I put them on opposite corners of the mats and it is sturdy enough that you don't need four of them.

One beer install, but I had a 2nd just in case.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Finally found time to install my rear door strap extender brackets (did the front back in the Fall) and the sway bar disco brakets.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had to get rid of all the white inside JKU and provide some insulation/sound deadening so, I installed the Coverking Topliner this weekend. Got a really, really good deal from the company that I couldn't pass on. Installation is straight forward but I think extra adhesive strips should be sent with the kit. Overall, very happy with it for now and will update when it gets really hot in Houston.

97621 - 97640 of 97762 Posts