Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

98881 - 98900 of 99031 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Overall, nice set up upgrades.
What are your thoughts on the new winch? I was thinking of getting the same thing.
It has some nice features that cost a lot more from other brands, the wireless remote, the LED lighting for dark recovery, it looks good too. I've only done a pretension pull with it but it worked great.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Replaced the rear brake pads. They weren't shot yet, but were getting thin so I decided to be proactive and just do the pads for now. Fronts still look good for a while longer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Replaced the rear brake pads. They weren't shot yet, but were getting thin so I decided to be proactive and just do the pads for now. Fronts still look good for a while longer.
only the pad? Not the rotor? How thick were the pad? Was about to proactive too but

mine is still 16mm in the front and 21mm for rear.. but ill probably change the rotor on mine because they dont look that great on my 2016.. braking is slow.. it takes too long for the jeep to stop

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Drove it through the first snowfall of the season. Slushy wet mess. Just got KO2's installed last week, and so far, I'm real happy I moved away from MTs. Thanks @Discount Tire !!
My ko2s were awesome in slushy snow. Unfortunately my place to buy still has them on back order. They tried to sell me the ko2 dt but they didnt know those arent 3pmsf rated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
Did I get the right ones. Just finished installing them. 🙏

They say load range d 37x12.50x17 24r Baja champion

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Did I get the right ones. Just finished installing them. 🙏

They say load range d 37x12.50x17 24r Baja champion
Those will air down real nice and the D load rating will flex more than my E load rated KO2's...you will really like that in the mud\sand ..the more they deform the more traction you will get.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yahoo @bobnwas scaring me with his post. These were date stamped last month. So I figured it was correct.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
which pads did you use?
I got the Hawk LTS pads after talking with the folks at Tire Rack. I have used Hawk pads before, and been very happy with them, but wasn't sure which of their pads would be best for my use.

only the pad? Not the rotor? How thick were the pad? Was about to proactive too but

mine is still 16mm in the front and 21mm for rear.. but ill probably change the rotor on mine because they dont look that great on my 2016.. braking is slow.. it takes too long for the jeep to stop
Yup, just the pads. The rotors were still in good shape, and only slightly worn, so no worries about keeping them. I have already tossed the pads, but from memory the inner pads were about 3-4 mm and the outer pads were a little thicker at maybe 4-5 mm. Those are just guesses from memory though. They were significantly worn as compared to the new ones, but not all the way down to the backing plates.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I got the Hawk LTS pads after talking with the folks at Tire Rack. I have used Hawk pads before, and been very happy with them, but wasn't sure which of their pads would be best for my use.
I just bought a set of those for the rear of my vehicle too. also from tire rack. their price is awesome!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Replaced the stock hook that came with my winch with the Warn Epic Sidewinder that I bought last night at clearance price at Princess Auto. Looks damn good and more useful to boot.

Also waved back at a built-up XJ.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts

Yup, just the pads. The rotors were still in good shape, and only slightly worn, so no worries about keeping them. I have already tossed the pads, but from memory the inner pads were about 3-4 mm and the outer pads were a little thicker at maybe 4-5 mm. Those are just guesses from memory though. They were significantly worn as compared to the new ones, but not all the way down to the backing plates.
We are running the Hawk LTS pads front and rear on both of our JK’s and couldn’t be happier. They make a fair amount of dust but they stop on a dime.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
The rears definitely wear faster and something about the driver side rear on our JK’s wear faster for some reason. I’ve had three JK’s now and they’ve all done the same.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Sprayed dow my ride for a new AFE 49-08040 exhaust. Have more smittybilt skid plates to install. Pribably through in the new front DS

Haven't been feeling, well. Got tho this task ask about 345pm, and basically just got the front clamp loosened and 2 of the 3 rubber hangers off (also had to drop a skidshield). The one in the back passanger is a real B, and I even spent up to buy the damn hanger tool. Anyway, that sucker seems like its still really on there so I gave up decided tomorrow I'll use a reciprocating saw and chop the damn exhaust. I'll cut it in parts for so if needed I can reattached with butt clamps. Nothing is ever effing easy, esp when I could really use it to be. I really could use the luck for when I need to switch out the front driveshaft early next week, finish off adding the rest of my skidsplates, and some minor wiring. I'm going on a Jeep vacation to the Black Hills in SD for a week - run up to Devil's Tower in WY for a day as well. Just had a med procedure on the 1st. Feel like I didn't give myself enough time to get stuff done for this trip now. Ughhff

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
We are running the Hawk LTS pads front and rear on both of our JK’s and couldn’t be happier. They make a fair amount of dust but they stop on a dime.
Same here and I have TF front brake kit (rear too, but fronts with their calipers.)
LTS are great!

98881 - 98900 of 99031 Posts