Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

98921 - 98940 of 99031 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Installed Armorlite floor yesterday in between passing showers from a tropical storm. I like it, but I can't quite get the rear lined up for the drain plugs yet. It's a good fit aside from that, and I'm hoping a few days in the heat makes it flexible enough to reposition. My wife already commented on how nice it looks.

I've been chasing down a loose steering issue. Aligned it twice and all played with tire pressure, but it still has just an annoying spot where you start to turn the wheel and the tires don't respond immediately. Leads to you wandering in your lane. Decided to replace the hardware with 9/16" and got all LCA and trackbar changed except the trackbar mount on the axle, that seemed to have a tack welded on nut and I wasn't sure how to replace that, and all the other bolts looked fine, nothing stuck out as wallowed out.

While the wife was admiring the new floor, I asked her to sit and jiggle the wheel side to side, and I was able to finally confirm that the drag link connection at the knuckle has play in it. It was only visible when I asked her to turn the wheel enough to move the tires. I observed that the drag link would start moving back to center for a moment before the tire did. New parts ordered (Crown Automotive, I can't justify 3x the price for Teraflex when I don't really do any offroading) from Quadratec as it said in stock->email comes in that they are backordered. Extreme Terrain says OOS. Morris 4x4 says in stock-> email says they'll ship in a week...

If Morris doesn't ship tomorrow, I'll explore other options. I was going to replace draglink and tie rod at the same time but if all I can get is a draglink, then I'll order that and do the tie rod later.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Installed Armorlite floor yesterday in between passing showers from a tropical storm. I like it, but I can't quite get the rear lined up for the drain plugs yet. It's a good fit aside from that, and I'm hoping a few days in the heat makes it flexible enough to reposition. My wife already commented on how nice it looks.

I've been chasing down a loose steering issue. Aligned it twice and all played with tire pressure, but it still has just an annoying spot where you start to turn the wheel and the tires don't respond immediately. Leads to you wandering in your lane. Decided to replace the hardware with 9/16" and got all LCA and trackbar changed except the trackbar mount on the axle, that seemed to have a tack welded on nut and I wasn't sure how to replace that, and all the other bolts looked fine, nothing stuck out as wallowed out.

While the wife was admiring the new floor, I asked her to sit and jiggle the wheel side to side, and I was able to finally confirm that the drag link connection at the knuckle has play in it. It was only visible when I asked her to turn the wheel enough to move the tires. I observed that the drag link would start moving back to center for a moment before the tire did. New parts ordered (Crown Automotive, I can't justify 3x the price for Teraflex when I don't really do any offroading) from Quadratec as it said in stock->email comes in that they are backordered. Extreme Terrain says OOS. Morris 4x4 says in stock-> email says they'll ship in a week...

If Morris doesn't ship tomorrow, I'll explore other options. I was going to replace draglink and tie rod at the same time but if all I can get is a draglink, then I'll order that and do the tie rod later.
I really REALLY want the Armorlite flooring! I hear they are working on a full piece for the back to cover the wheel wells etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
I used a wire brush to clean off the surface rust from the tank and transfer skids and used some rustoleum black on them. I also did an alignment check using both string and a tape measure. The measure showed the tires are at 0 toe. Could that be causing a pull to the right? I had an alignment done last week, did a hard trail and then the pull started.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I used a wire brush to clean off the surface rust from the tank and transfer skids and used some rustoleum black on them. I also did an alignment check using both string and a tape measure. The measure showed the tires are at 0 toe. Could that be causing a pull to the right? I had an alignment done last week, did a hard trail and then the pull started.
I’d take it back, should have at least a 3mo warranty.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I just washed it enough where I can put the doors and top back on, so I can run it through an automatic carwash a couple of times.

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Installed front fender liners. Then I cleaned and primed the rear wheel wells. Once the primer was dry, I sprayed them with Rust-oleum bed liner. I think it came out pretty good.

Sent from my Vivo XI PLUS using Tapatalk
Looks good!
FYI, if it ever chips, they sell a wheel well liner spray. Looks similar to the bedliner but with a rubbery texture. It's held up very well in my rear wheel wells.

Reactions: Hoosier2000

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Installed an AFE "cat back" exhaust (really y-pipe back). Sounds great, assertive without being too loud or raspy, very happy with it so far. I haven't been on the highway yet, but holding 2.9k RPM up a local hill yielded no drone. Also installed a MC steering stabilizer, and a rough country front drive shaft - in hind sight I would have went with a different driveshaft but I got a killer Amazon deal on it.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
New ARB quick connect couplings with dust covers installed passenger and drivers side just behind the front bumper in the wheel well area. I ran 3/8” precut rubber hoses to each connector off of the ARB manifold. I put some sheathing i ordered off amazon over the hoses for an extra layer of protection.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
New ARB quick connect couplings with dust covers installed passenger and drivers side just behind the front bumper in the wheel well area. I ran 3/8” precut rubber hoses to each connector off of the ARB manifold. I put some sheathing i ordered off amazon over the hoses for an extra layer of protection.

View attachment 4453615 View attachment 4453616 View attachment 4453617 View attachment 4453618 View attachment 4453619
What mount are you using for the ARB Twin Compressor?

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
What mount are you using for the ARB Twin Compressor?
I used this one by a small company called Complete Off-road located in Iowa...the Amazon reviews were mixed but I really like the inverted mount concept so I researched the company, gave them a call and a gentleman (Chris) answered the phone and answered all my questions. It seemed there was some AC line bending involved in the 2012 to 18 model years but the bracket went right in my 2011 and I just had to slightly tweak the hard brake lines down a bit where they exit the master cylinder. Piece of cake and I would recommend using them.

Jeep Wrangler JK ARB Compressor Mount (Fits: CKMTA12) Amazon.com: Jeep Wrangler JK ARB Compressor Mount (Fits: CKMTA12): Automotive

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
My non sub trim panel came in today. Got it installed. Now I need to sell the sub enclosure.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Test that setup with a good workout under load. I read that some people had lines off the dual ARB melt due to heat under load, so when I did a similar setup I used steel braided line.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Test that setup with a good workout under load. I read that some people had lines off the dual ARB melt due to heat under load, so when I did a similar setup I used steel braided line.
It will get some use over the next couple weeks but I’ll only be using it for airing up 34 & 35” tires for now...no air lockers or anything that would require a constant load for now. I’ll definitely keep an eye on it though. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
618 Posts

View attachment 4453615 View attachment 4453617
Is your sway bar aligned correctly? Could the be the angles of the photos. But it should be just about parallel with the ground IIRC

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Is your sway bar aligned correctly? Could the be the angles of the photos. But it should be just about parallel with the ground IIRC
Here are a couple more angles...I installed the MC quick disconnects but I’m only running a 2” rancho lift and the MC QD’s are made for 2.5 to 3.5” of lift, which I will have eventually...from what I’ve read less of an upward angle is ideal but it shouldn’t hurt anything as long as I disconnect off-road, which I will...before I installed them my sway bar was angled downward about 15 degrees (after the lift) which I understood to be a threat of inverting forward under certain conditions....so at least I’m avoiding that scenario.

If there’s danger in running them like this someone please let me know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Here are a couple more angles...I installed the MC quick disconnects but I’m only running a 2” rancho lift and the MC QD’s are made for 2.5 to 3.5” of lift, which I will have eventually...from what I’ve read less of an upward angle is ideal but it shouldn’t hurt anything as long as I disconnect off-road, which I will...before I installed them my sway bar was angled downward about 15 degrees (after the lift) which I understood to be a threat of inverting forward under certain conditions....so at least I’m avoiding that scenario.

If there’s danger in running them like this someone please let me know.

View attachment 4453690 View attachment 4453691
I think you might have some clunking just going over speed bumps with your swaybar like that. Seems to be at max in a resting state?

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
After 4 plus weeks we are now ready for paint, MetalCloak Overline fenders:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Replaced the shocks. Installed Bilstein 4600s.

98921 - 98940 of 99031 Posts