Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

99501 - 99520 of 99608 Posts

·
Vendor
Jeep JL & Jeep Gladiator
69 Posts
finally got around to installing hotheads head liners.
not sure how well they work yet ,
but damn do they make the inside look better...
We're glad you like the look of your new Hothead Headliners in your JK!

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I have been running with my front sway bar with one link disconnected for quite some time with no real issues. Today I re connected it and now it flat corners again and feels more planted on the freeway. It does ride a little rougher. I live with it connected as I like the more planted feel on the freeway and flat cornering. Could play with disco the rear sway or a Currie sway for the front. Any advice?
I used the TF disconnects for about six months and then upgraded to the Currie AntiRock and love it. I don’t pretend that my Wrangler is a Ferrari, meaning I never took highway butterfly’s at 100 before this. I have noticed a little bit more roll on some corners but I’m very happy and may install one in the rear.

If you to maintain the stock feel AND have a simple (but $$$) lever to disconnect, look at the ORO system (Off Road Only). A friend has one and it is real slick but another level of expensive comparatively.

·
Premium Member
2018 JKU S
91 Posts
Started installing Teraflex sway bar disconnects and realized I must have loaned out an 18mm wrench to the abyss... so now I'm headed to the nearest autoparts place to acquire another one. I hate driving the wife's minivan.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Installed my Teraflex HD Hinged tire carrier and finally put the spare back on. Much more sturdy than stock. Put the hard top back on Friday and got the windows tinted.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 JKU S
91 Posts
Finished installing the sway bar disconnects. Driver side was a breeze. That passenger side was a little crowded...

·
Registered
812 Posts
Can you show it with the Rotax container mounted on the side?
I have 2 behind the spare, on the Smittibuilt tire carrier wings.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
Sorry about the delay on the pics. I took the mount off to touch up the paint.
I have clearance at the front bottom so it won’t be tearing up my fender paint. I plan on doing the Mojave road and you need extra fuel for that run. B55AE143-381F-4F83-B520-24B3336C1F33.jpeg 1CE63AFB-43E0-4F87-8F4F-51260D0E22CB.jpeg 6CCD05EA-F057-40C3-8039-85F3C8E3D9E8.jpeg

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Sorry about the delay on the pics. I took the mount off to touch up the paint.
I have clearance at the front bottom so it won’t be tearing up my fender paint. I plan on doing the Mojave road and you need extra fuel for that run. View attachment 4464667 View attachment 4464668 View attachment 4464669
I have the Jerry can version on the driver side, I modified it so it’s tilted forward so the can doesn’t hit the mirror. I have longer door straps and the two made contact. I think it looks better angled. Don’t think I have a photo with me though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have 2 of them mounted. only 1 size fit on the rack behind the tire. I'll try to show an image. The image is a little old. Since then, I moved the periscope down and the tire up. Added a stop light in the spare. Added a little more rear lift...and you can see the results in the second image below.

Here's a more recent view...
Sorry for the delay. Mine are 2 Gallons/7.5 Liters each.

·
Registered
812 Posts
The Rotopax mount is cheaper than the Jerry can mount so that is why I went that way. And finding a quality Jerry can is a challenge.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Rotopax mount is cheaper than the Jerry can mount so that is why I went that way. And finding a quality Jerry can is a challenge.
Yes, although the Rotopax was what fit on my Smittibuilt tire carrier. So, for me there was not much of a choice. Mounting on the side gives you a bunch of options, which is nice! Hope that works well for you.

Btw, what does it do to the Aerodynamics, i.e. on the highway?

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Yes, although the Rotopax was what fit on my Smittibuilt tire carrier. So, for me there was not much of a choice. Mounting on the side gives you a bunch of options, which is nice! Hope that works well for you.

Btw, what does it do to the Aerodynamics, i.e. on the highway?

That, and leaning against a tree or rock? Can’t help but wonder about damage to the can or to the fender if you lean in hard on the can or worse still, deliver a scraping blow.

99501 - 99520 of 99608 Posts