Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

99521 - 99540 of 99608 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Not many tight spots where I usually wheel. Not to say I won’t run into tight spots, but it seems like if I’m in a tight spot like that a fender would be damaged anyways.
I’m not worried about gas mileage impact either as the Rotopax will only be on when I go on a camping trip that has extended offroad travel.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
New battery. This was not as easy as imagined. First, the posts are nust enough smaller that my clamp wouldn't get enough bit. Finallt managed it, but then forgot ro reinstall the battery hold down. The clamp part made it, but not the bolt. Don't have the right size locally so had to buy a temp until the replacement arrives.
Duralast Platinum H6-AGM

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
New axle seals in,

Now I'm stuck, not able to get the carrier back in, shims just don't seem to fit. Fingers crossed letting it sit overnight magically helps!
Sometimes a break helps, did you get it back in? I have thought this over if I could do it myself. glad it was you and not me. However I am praying that you did get it done back together.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sometimes a break helps, did you get it back in? I have thought this over if I could do it myself. glad it was you and not me. However I am praying that you did get it done back together.
Yes thankfully I did, I posted about it here and I left a thread with a summary of the tricks I learned from here.

I wouldn't do it if I didn't have some free time and no need to drive anywhere, but it was not the end of the world, just slightly more than I expected.

Worth it to save the money but I hope if jt ever happens again I can afford to pay a shop. Unlike oil changes or air filters, or even oil cooler and spark plugs, this is one where they gotta work a little bit.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yes thankfully I did, I posted about it here and I left a thread with a summary of the tricks I learned from here.

I wouldn't do it if I didn't have some free time and no need to drive anywhere, but it was not the end of the world, just slightly more than I expected.

Worth it to save the money but I hope if jt ever happens again I can afford to pay a shop. Unlike oil changes or air filters, or even oil cooler and spark plugs, this is one where they gotta work a little bit.
LOL i am happy to hear! I wanted to do this project so bad on my own, but paid a shop instead. I trust the shop but know that they reaped the $$$ benefits.

Thank you for giving me the courage next time, by you posting that (IMO ) you were frustrated but got it done!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Fantastically!

I inspected after and had some minor scratches but no dents even though I hit them a couple of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a closer look at mine to hit them with some spray paint and saw i beat them up a lot more than i thought. they still look good from the top side though. Guess i shouldnt follow jeeps with lifts and 35" tires when i'm still stock. lol

·
Premium Member
2018 JKU S
91 Posts
I got a closer look at mine to hit them with some spray paint and saw i beat them up a lot more than i thought. they still look good from the top side though. Guess i shouldnt follow jeeps with lifts and 35" tires when i'm still stock. lol
You don’t get good stories if you don’t scratch up the paint job every now and then :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
Added 3 extra hp.
I'm still considering those stupid ripp coils to get 1.5 extra hp and 400 dollars less in my wallet with new spark plugs

Attachments

Reactions: Alan_Sack

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
I applied my annual Fluid Film layer. Yeas ago, I purchased the gun kit from Kellsport and it has been one of my better decisions. I can get every nook and cranny on the Jeep and my SuperDuty for that matter with the tips. My garage smells like a barnyard now, but that only lasts a few days. My son is doing his LJ today and then the kit goes back into storage until next year.

For those curious, I spray at 90 psi and it is a good pattern/flow. With the adjustable tips, you can control the volume of product too.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Looks nice! But to get substantially add horsepower consider getting a turbocharger or supercharger installed. Big $$… but a big boost!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
So I have been considering a ripp supercharger.

Just don't want to wait for the backorder of them.

Money 💰 🤑

Do u have a one?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I used the TF disconnects for about six months and then upgraded to the Currie AntiRock and love it. I don’t pretend that my Wrangler is a Ferrari, meaning I never took highway butterfly’s at 100 before this. I have noticed a little bit more roll on some corners but I’m very happy and may install one in the rear.

If you to maintain the stock feel AND have a simple (but $$$) lever to disconnect, look at the ORO system (Off Road Only). A friend has one and it is real slick but another level of expensive comparatively.
If you get rid of those heim links and switch to steer smarts links it helps alot with the extra roll....I also run the Currie and read some reviews about the SS links and tried them out....they work...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Added 3 extra hp.
I'm still considering those stupid ripp coils to get 1.5 extra hp and 400 dollars less in my wallet with new spark plugs
That 400 dollars is doing nothing but weighing down your pants and making you slower. Might as well get rid of it!

99521 - 99540 of 99608 Posts