Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

100661 - 100680 of 100731 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got it, cool, then you have up to like 20a to the fuse breakout you added for easy power access (if you are using that tap as recommended through the 14-16 gauge wire they have on that tap).

Might not be necessary to go hotter for your needs though - just trying to be helpful in avoiding a coyote works type incident :cry: when loading that (up to) 100a breakout in the kick.

Really apreciate the posting of this with links btw. I did purchase one of those fuse blocks based on your writeup. Thanks! (y)
I brought in a 20a battery tap today in the same manner from the 12v power outlet tap. In my deployment, my intention is to use these for very low-amp circuits - camera, led lights, etc.. Anything more than a 10amp draw warrants a separate relay (of which, I currently have two, that handle the halo lighting - one that handles the headlight halo, the other that handles the ancillary halos on the turn indicators, side indicators, and fogs; check the video for the context).

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,838 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Do they make one for a 2 door now or is that a 4 door rack modified?
They make one for a 2 door now. He just finished them up last week. He has them on his site as of today.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
I got the emergency brake adjusted and it’s definitely better. Everything looked good, so no new brake pads or anything was required.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sunrider installed and put in a dead pedal in prep for a long trip...and noticed an axle seal leak. Great more work i don't have time for.

Attachments

Reactions: Izzy Does It

·
Registered
32 Posts
Installed and wired up a replacement 3rd brake light. I had to rewire as whomever removed the factory one simply hacked the wire out. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got the emergency brake adjusted and it’s definitely better. Everything looked good, so no new brake pads or anything was required.
Was it expensive to get done? I know I could DIY it but I'd rather just have a shop look over mine. I am doing a couple of trips within the next month so would like to get it looked at.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Was it expensive to get done? I know I could DIY it but I'd rather just have a shop look over mine. I am doing a couple of trips within the next month so would like to get it looked at.
It cost me some brake cleaner, a brake spoon and a few hours. I don't take my vehicles for brake work unless I can't get the components apart. That happened with a Yukon with 150k and they had to heat the rear drums.

Reactions: CJK2017 and Mr. JP

·
Registered
32 Posts
NE Ohio. Took the top off for the year. I’m not a “use the soft-top as it was intended” guy. I pulled off all the hardware. Doors still on for now.
Wish we could leave ours off. It sits outside and I'm not gonna leave it open to the elements. We did take the front part of the roof off today while running errands. You say NEO? What part? We're in Akron

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wish we could leave ours off. It sits outside and I'm not gonna leave it open to the elements. We did take the front part of the roof off today while running errands. You say NEO? What part? We're in Akron
Wish we could leave ours off all summer also...wife got a little jiggy with the small summer tires on her jk with the top down for the 1st time today...can't keep the tops open for even the evening here as weather changes constantly and critters get in and party without cleaning up after themselves. :rolleyes:

Nowhere near Akron though....

·
Registered
585 Posts
Installed a Bestop Sunrider on my wife's JKU. Not super happy with the fitment. The front and sides fit nice and tight, but the rear is pulling up and there's a gap between the sunrider seal and hard top. I've contacted @Bestop support and emailed them pictures but they say to expect it to take a day or so before I receive a response. So for now, it's parked in the garage with the threat of rain. I had hoped to install the core doors on my JK but the unexpected issue took up my available time waiting on hold, talking, taking pictures, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Reactions: Mr. JP

·
Registered
37 Posts
So today I upgraded the spare tire carrier.
After removing the stock hinges it did shift a little.

so while opening the tailgate this happened, I have just removed it for now. I am looking for a stronger option.
Other than the limiting arm popping out, I only had one other problem. I have to tap one bolt hole one the center carrier itself. I will take care of that Thursday hopefully.

Attachments

100661 - 100680 of 100731 Posts