Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

100681 - 100700 of 100731 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where did you find them? Rainbow Unicorn deliver them?
I bought them off a guy on Facebook marketplace over the winter. He’s only had them in a short time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
585 Posts
Had new tires put on today....
I believe a rail trim is in my future.?
View attachment 4495609 View attachment 4495610 View attachment 4495611

Interested in your experience with the Trail Hogs after you put some miles on them. I have a set of Mud Hogs that I've only used on the trail once with a little street driving. I normally drive AT3W's on the street and left them on for the winter. Now that the temps are warming up and I hope to have more trail time, I will swap the Kanati's back on. The Trail hogs look like they could be a good middle ground.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Interested in your experience with the Trail Hogs after you put some miles on them. I have a set of Mud Hogs that I've only used on the trail once with a little street driving. I normally drive AT3W's on the street and left them on for the winter. Now that the temps are warming up and I hope to have more trail time, I will swap the Kanati's back on. The Trail hogs look like they could be a good middle ground.
I will definitely let you know what I think of them as the miles rack up.
I will say this so far, I had Falken Wild Peak M/T on and the wife says that the Trail Hogs are quieter right now. We jump on the interstate for a quick ride and at 70 they was very little noise from them. They handled really well, and ride better then the Falkens

·
Registered
585 Posts
I will definitely let you know what I think of them as the miles rack up.
I will say this so far, I had Falken Wild Peak M/T on and the wife says that the Trail Hogs are quieter right now. We jump on the interstate for a quick ride and at 70 they was very little noise from them. They handled really well, and ride better then the Falkens
My set of Mildpeak MT's were noisy. Even my Mud Hogs are quieter.

·
Registered
166 Posts
How many square feet did you end up needing?
I apologize for the late reply. An injury sidelined me and halted any further progress. On that note, I really need to set up my notifications. Anyway, it totals out to four (4) boxes of Thermo-Tec heat and sound suppressor material, which measure 60” X 36”. Oh, that doesn’t include the two rolls of thermo tape that I hope to be applying in the next day or so. I intend to seal as many seams as the two rolls permit. Tedious indeed; however, something worth doing is worth doing right, or so I’ve told myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
112 Posts
I apologize for the late reply. An injury sidelined me and halted any further progress. On that note, I really need to set up my notifications. Anyway, it totals out to four (4) boxes of Thermo-Tec heat and sound suppressor material, which measure 60” X 36”. Oh, that doesn’t include the two rolls of thermo tape that I hope to be applying in the next day or so. I intend to seal as many seams as the two rolls permit. Tedious indeed; however, something worth doing is worth doing right, or so I’ve told myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you have any leaks in your JK? I'd love to do this at one point but knowing that I have the famed A-Pillar leak which means water down in the foot wells (which is why I just jeep the plugs off) I've refrained from doing something like this. I know standing water would just ruin the material after a while and I just hate that the solution to the leak is putting weatherstripping along the doors which just falls off after a while.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Installed a Bestop Sunrider on my wife's JKU. Not super happy with the fitment. The front and sides fit nice and tight, but the rear is pulling up and there's a gap between the sunrider seal and hard top. I've contacted @Bestop support and emailed them pictures but they say to expect it to take a day or so before I receive a response. So for now, it's parked in the garage with the threat of rain. I had hoped to install the core doors on my JK but the unexpected issue took up my available time waiting on hold, talking, taking pictures, etc.
you did install the little metal brackets on each side with the 2 bolts and put the mushroom bolts back through the roll bar to hold the back down didn't you?

·
Registered
2017 JKU Sahara
26 Posts
Gave it more money....for a new rear caliper and brake hose. Nothing like thinking the car in front of you is smoking and it is really you!

·
Registered
585 Posts
you did install the little metal brackets on each side with the 2 bolts and put the mushroom bolts back through the roll bar to hold the back down didn't you?

Yes, indeed. (y)

After looking at it further, I was able to push the gasket into the gap for all but ~4" at the very center. I think I'm closer to a resolution but awaiting feedback from Bestop support.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes, indeed. (y)

After looking at it further, I was able to push the gasket into the gap for all but ~4" at the very center. I think I'm closer to a resolution but awaiting feedback from Bestop support.
I just put mine on for the second time since I just bought it last year and that was the first time. I leave everything loose and get that gasket in and then tightened everything up as I pushed it back

Reactions: boosthead

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just put mine on for the second time since I just bought it last year and that was the first time. I leave everything loose and get that gasket in and then tightened everything up as I pushed it back

Maybe that's the step I missed. I did leave everything loose and tried to make sure everything is aligned before tightening. I missed that step if it's in the instructions. The hardtop gasket is much thicker in the rear center. Is that the case on yours as well, and were you able to get the sunrider gasket under the top at that location?

100681 - 100700 of 100731 Posts