Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

100941 - 100960 of 101249 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Any issues other than the high beam? I’ve been considering these before winter comes back around.
No issues yet. I got the new headlight the next day and everything works. Lights are bright but I haven’t had them in snow to see if the heated version was worth it. I didn’t want to have issues in the winter so I got them as a just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
No issues yet. I got the new headlight the next day and everything works. Lights are bright but I haven’t had them in snow to see if the heated version was worth it. I didn’t want to have issues in the winter so I got them as a just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put the heated version on both of our JKUs. The work as advertised. No freeze up at all.

Reactions: Jab1719

·
Registered
113 Posts
Insall the QT aux wiring harness today so I can power up the new CB :)
Took me an hour. Now just need to complete the CB install
Looks like some fun microsurgery!!

Where are you mounting the CB ?

Added the new mount for the HAM Ant and widow maker just before the rains came. The previous mount I had rusted up halfway through the winter so found one to match the HD hinges with some stainless h/w..

While the whip does not seem to be a problem at 90, thinking to rethink the length and placement given the dual band stubbies I see available for reasonable prices these days.

Mind if i ask what you are doing for the cb antenna and mount location?

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition
321 Posts
Under the glove box but still not sure how yet. Here it is zip tied in place for now.
20210505_131102.jpg

And I was able to get the coax under the trim too so everything will be hidden when finished. Have to decide if I want to install the clip too but think I may try commend strips for it all.
20210505_131533.jpg

Just have to get the connectors crimped onto the coax and plug it in for power and finally SWR the radio and I should be good for trail comms

·
Registered
113 Posts
Under the glove box but still not sure how yet. Here it is zip tied in place for now.
View attachment 4504601
And I was able to get the coax under the trim too so everything will be hidden when finished. Have to decide if I want to install the clip too but think I may try commend strips for it all. View attachment 4504602
Just have to get the connectors crimped onto the coax and plug it in for power and finally SWR the radio and I should be good for trail comms
Thanks. Wow, that cb body is really small, maybe rotate it and mount to that plastic with screws...I'll need to look around for one as i was not sure how to mount my old 202M in addition to the icom.

Did you mean like this thing for mic clip? Its like $15 multiple sources..

Thanks for posting this progress... (y)

·
Registered
79 Posts
View attachment 4504601
And I was able to get the coax under the trim too so everything will be hidden when finished. Have to decide if I want to install the clip too but think I may try commend strips for it all. View attachment 4504602
I have mine in the same spot been there a few years with a zip strip

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had some Amazon money so I picked these up and installed them yesterday, pretty happy with how they turned out. I’m not sure if it was me or the instructions but I had to reverse the brake and running light wires.

They definitely help with backing up at night, although not super bright having the light shine from higher up makes a difference.

View attachment 4502353 View attachment 4502355

I did have to drill a hole on the hardtop, that took a lot of should I/should I not thinking, but it’s a 1/4” hole and if they fail and I have to take them out I can just fill the hole with silicone. I did silicone around the wire so I don’t think I‘ll have any leaks.
THIS why I love this site! had always wondered if something like this existed...

100941 - 100960 of 101249 Posts