Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

100981 - 101000 of 101248 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
loving the wheels and grill, did you paint it or completely replace it?
Yeah the wheels. I thought the bronze wheels were fine with the color match hardtop, but not with the black top. The grill is painted Rustoleum bedliner from a rattle can. The grill is an extra from days gone by so was able to keep the Golden Eagle grill with the bronze accents on a shelf. Bonus points for the eagle eye who catches the fifth change, very difficult but is on the exterior.

·
Registered
344 Posts
How could you possibly take the golden eagle sticker off! blasphemy

And you got rid of your dog! Mods!
Got a good chuckle outta that for sure, both lines. Never was one for factory graffiti or dealer advertising so it goes without remorse. The dogs were out on patrol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Today was WINCH DAY! Installed the winch on the smittybilt bumper and got it all wired up. I'd love to get feedback on wire routing - The main leads are behind the grill going up to the battery, and I routed the leads from the solonoids to the motor through the grill and back out - mostly because the spacing between the winch and the grill was too tight - I could have bent the wiring to make it work, but that tain't good for the wires

Lots more chatter / details in my build thread.

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,901 Posts
Today was WINCH DAY! Installed the winch on the smittybilt bumper and got it all wired up. I'd love to get feedback on wire routing - The main leads are behind the grill going up to the battery, and I routed the leads from the solonoids to the motor through the grill and back out - mostly because the spacing between the winch and the grill was too tight - I could have bent the wiring to make it work, but that tain't good for the wires

View attachment 4506520 View attachment 4506521

Lots more chatter / details in my build thread.
Was there no room to go under the grill instead of thru it?

·
Administrator
16,969 Posts
Roughed in the first of 2 drawers for under the sleeping/doggy deck. Used Kaizen foam, burned in the sockets and traced/cut everything else.
This one is for the twisty things, drawer # 2 will be the poundy, prying things.
  • 1/2" drive 6 point sockets from 10mm to 24mm (plus a 36mm for the hub)
  • 3/8" drive 12 point sockets from 7mm to 19mm.
  • 1/4" drive sockets from 6mm to 10mm
  • Ratcheting wrenches from 8mm to 24mm
  • 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" socket wrenches
  • 1/2" and 3/8" extensions and wobble sockets
  • Torx set
  • Metric and SAE Allen wrenches
  • Various pliers, cresecnt wrench and a couple of screw drivers.
  • Dewalt 3/8" and 1/2" impacts will go in a bag (or maybe a case) below

·
Registered
739 Posts
Started with a 2.5” Metalcloak Game Changer Lift this morning

Cali-lean………

Full 3.5” now

Now I just need my 37” Nitto Trail Grapplers to get to Summit, then I can mount them and get the damn thing regeared.

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr
60 Posts
Yeah the wheels. I thought the bronze wheels were fine with the color match hardtop, but not with the black top. The grill is painted Rustoleum bedliner from a rattle can. The grill is an extra from days gone by so was able to keep the Golden Eagle grill with the bronze accents on a shelf. Bonus points for the eagle eye who catches the fifth change, very difficult but is on the exterior.
hood latches?

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Tried to trace a coolant leak. It’s dripping from in back of the oil filter.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
355 Posts
What brand did you go with?
The old ones that failed:

The new ones:

Reactions: LoneStarLegend

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Oil change. Amsoil 5W-30.