Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101061 - 101080 of 101321 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Finished the reverse camera install today. It feeds directly to the 730n when reverse is engaged. The mount is made frome some aluminum angle and finished with bedliner which is a pretty good match to the Kentrol license plate mount. The camera is a RAAYOO L002 HD 170 Degree. Hot Diggity for backing up to the trailer!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Was able to go out and test the new Antirock a little bit today, wife approved said the Jeep rode so much better . I'll take that as a win. Nothing difficult just a little playing in Lytle Creek. Next is to install the rear Antirock that's sitting in the garage.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018JKU in Rhino (best color ever)
332 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is on my list.

Any gotchas to warn about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only small hiccup was not having a small 10 mm wrench to get the bottom bolt of the speaker box for the passenger front. I had to use a small (but not short enough) socket wrench, only giving me 1 click at a time for the bolt.

you’ll need a 7mm & 10mm socket, a Phillips head, and a torx bit, easy stuff

Also, there are plenty of videos on YouTube to show you the front speaker install

·
Registered
813 Posts
This morning I swapped out the stock paper speakers for the Mopar/Kicker upgrades. The install took about an hour for front and soundbar. They sound great, noticeably better at speed with the top down ,well worth the $150
When you say "stock" is your system the stock Alpine set up or different?

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,901 Posts
When you say "stock" is your system the stock Alpine set up or different?
Alpine is an option...the things he took out we're the real crappy ones....

Reactions: HardRockRube

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
406 Posts
Upgraded the tailgate hinges and spare tire carrier so I can bring a full size (285/70R17) spare along. Both hinges and carrier say they are rated for a 37" so hauling a 33" shouldn't be a problem. DSC_3268.jpg

Reactions: bill61 and emcvay

·
Premium Member
2018JKU in Rhino (best color ever)
332 Posts
Upgraded the tailgate hinges and spare tire carrier so I can bring a full size (285/70R17) spare along. Both hinges and carrier say they are rated for a 37" so hauling a 33" shouldn't be a problem. View attachment 4509115
What brand is that? The others I’ve seen are big chunky steel. I like the look of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
406 Posts
Reactions: jeremy-tx

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
406 Posts
Pulled the OEM speakers out of the sound bar and replaced them with a set of Pioneer 200W. Not top end, but better than the factory installed ones. Coupled with the new head unit and sound deadening headliner, it will make road trips a bit more enjoyable...

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Willys got a Woody today #dadjokes

I didn’t realize how much maintenance a greasable driveshaft was going to be, but I guess I’m committed now. Honestly, adding grease with every oil change or after a weekend in the mud doesn’t really seem like a big deal, just wasn’t expected...but that’s on me for lack of researching what I was buying.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Went topless for the first time today. Is a crispy critter now.

101061 - 101080 of 101321 Posts