Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101181 - 101200 of 101257 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Firecracker JKU Sport S -mostly stock at this point
34 Posts
Finally got the top off. Bad weather since I got it, and bad weather still but took it off anyway. Only got rained on a bit, but hey We figured out that those weird roof keeper bolts make nice rain gauges!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did the RT Offroad/crown big brake kit on the front last fall.
Pedal travel is a little different, but definitely improved performance. Especially with the rubicon Transfer case in 4 low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gravitywell

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's not a stupid question...the OEM batteries rarely last more than 3-4 years...add the load that using a winch to it and you're asking for problems imo....when the OEM battery goes it just goes...no warning signs...so it makes sense to just replace it especially if you wheel your rig and find yourself in remote locations...nobody wants to stop for a pee or lunch break and jump back in a dead vehicle....
I always run the engine while operating the winch. This way I'm not depending on the battery to carry all of the load of freeing mine or someone else's vehicles.

·
Registered
47 Posts
that was on Metberry gulch, there is also longwater and Hackett gulch
Awesome. My Brother and I are going to be running Medano Pass June 18th while I'm in CO to visit family.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Added the J8 master and booster last week and then headed to Southern Missouri Offroad Ranch for a long weekend of wheeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which trail is that at SMORR? Just curious as me and the wife are heading there this weekend for a day of getting away from civilization.

Sent from somewhere in Missouri

·
Registered
66 Posts
Took it back to the dealer again. Got in it and it is still leaking passenger side around the freedom top. Just pick it up yesterday after they replaced the seals on the top.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Took off all four doors, sanded and greased the hinges, tested the bolt-on side mirrors, drove it around in the light rain for no reason other than to get my 7yr old son wet in the back like a happy puppy, then put it all back together.

Where I live, we never know each summer if the doors will act like female dogs or baby goats when removing - So this was the 1st act of real summer prep.🍾

·
Registered
12 JKU PERFECT FOR OFF-ROAD ADVENTURES
3 Posts
Was lucky enough to change out the thermostat and housing as the original had a pinhole leak spraying antifreeze all over the radiator. 😅

·
Registered
456 Posts
Been a busy kinda week....had to do some slight maintenance type stuff to My Baby. Then putting on a few more little things...

1st - repaired the harness that connected my driver side door into the Jeep. I ripped it apart a couple years ago trying to unplug it and it's such a short thing and up under the dash, I just kept putting it off, but now it works and I added a bit longer wires on it so it's not such a tight fit.

2nd - cleaned her interior up a bit. Just a year long of crap floating around inside her and just needed to be cleaned out in preparation for taking the top off, hopefully this weekend.

3rd - put a Hikeit Z9 throttle control in - I was worried about the installation because every video I watched the reviewers all said how difficult it was to attach since Jeep made the accelerator harness so difficult to get to, but it literally took me all of 5 minutes to install. Not hard at all!! It actually took longer to figure out where to put the control box. (By the way, this thing is AMAZING! Woke Baby up like she'd been napping this whole time. Mostly in 1st and 2nd gear (manual transmission) but I can jump off the light or stop sign, and merge into traffic without having to worry about getting squashed cause Baby has kind of a fat butt and likes to poke around sometimes. There are some discount codes around to get it 20% off - I got mine using a discount code from a Youtube Jeep guy code. Only $180 bucks!)

IMG-d4d20ad61b0fcc4822b968315e488299-V.jpg

4th - fixed the annoying squeak that came when I put my metal inner fenders in last year or the year before - literally every single bump, pothole, crease and pebble in the road made that frustrating and embarrassing squeak and I was getting looks as I went down the road. Found where it was coming from, and tried drilling a hole to screw it down, but my bits wouldn't cut through, so found something else to stop it from moving around. Now, no more squeak! SO MUCH BETTER!

5th - switched out my basic, no frills factory stereo with a new head unit. I put a Seicane in - I know, I know, I know....but fo the price, I decided I would get it anyways.

Maybe I can get a little help here: I've read and know about the troubles that have been plaguing this unit, and that many people are getting rid of them quickly, but I'm trying to stick to my budget baller status, haha!

I had done the whole mini iPad mod which was ok, but it was pretty annoying with the constantly having to find the network or use mobile hotspot, then change the network to use the wireless reverse camera then change it back to mobile hotspot to play pandora all why moving down the road, and if it got too warm inside it would shut down, etc etc etc....just too much of a hassle. Also, I kinda wanted something that would be instant sound on when I started Baby up and could possibly be on the radio without a hotspot or wifi.

Here's the iPad install I did.

IMG-6b3f3cae1be974d6f4ca54677b5a5a6b-V.jpg

I had looked this system up last year and it wasn't too expensive for a head unit, but shipping from China was well over a hundred bucks fo me so I said Nope. I looked this up last week and it was down to $360 bucks with shipping at $68 (they have a warehouse/shipper in the US now, it appears) so for that price, I could at least give it a shot. Got it in under a week.

Honestly, there were just 4 things I wanted to get from this unit and if they worked, I'd be excited about it. GPS, the ability to hear music without messing around with a hotspot, being able to talk on the unit without attaching my phone through a physical wire, and a back up camera that was instant on and off when using reverse. Three things work flawlessly out the gate- GPS is with a provided GPS antenna and Google Maps or iGo, radio is self explanatory, and using the HU for calling while in the vehicle without physically attaching my phone is awesome. Using just the onboard mic, the girlfriend tells me she hears me clearer than she ever has when I call her or receive calls.

The problem I'm having is with the back up camera. I can't get my Amazon camera to power on and give a picture. I know the camera works because I used it just last week. I read through several (about 100 pages) of the 145 pages or more about the Seicane here in this forum (the majority of which deal with the subwoofer and speakers which I don't have yet so not a concern) and haven't come across any solution yet. I watched several videos last night, and in one, single video, in the comments, said to use the "back" wire instead of the power (+12v power) cable, but my efforts this morning at trying that didn't work again. I even tried the other wires that were loose and not in a harness but no such luck. So, one might say 3 out of 4 is great, but not so much for me. I can't see behind me very well, so I need this camera. (Maybe one of you have the solution for this and can pass on the knowledge!)

One last, not so great, thing - I can't seem to get the SiriusXM app to play using a hotspot on my phone. I can use it with wifi with no issues, but away from home it doesn't work... bleh.

This is the Seicane unit installed. You can see the difference.

IMG-5b93a96b846378b11037169a2f534d71-V.jpg

6th - haven't done it yet, but starting the job tomorrow. I have EAG stuff all around my Jeep. Both bumpers and inner and outer fenders. The reviews are iffy on Amazon sometimes, but for the most part I haven't had any issues with them. Bumpers and inner fenders are awesome (minus the squeak)- no fading and they still look great after several years. The main fenders though - that's where my luck ran out. Powder coat coming off all over them and they just look terrible. The plan is the remove them - 2 at a time - strip them down using a wire cup thing for my drill and prime then paint them. Then use a clear coat to protect them. Hopefully they'll look good fo quite a while.

So, I have quite a bit left to do, and it's starting to get hot outside - kinda sucks when you're an inside desk job type of person, hahaha! Tan is looking good, though! If I can get the review camera issue and the SiriusXM thing solved, I'll be a happy man...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Modified my exhaust....well ok mother nature and midwest salt modified it. Time to order new muffler as this Gibson did not last long. Next one will be painted good first.

Attachments

101181 - 101200 of 101257 Posts