Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101201 - 101220 of 101257 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Which trail is that at SMORR? Just curious as me and the wife are heading there this weekend for a day of getting away from civilization.

Sent from somewhere in Missouri
V Notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
97 Posts
Well... figured out how to fix my rattle in the back. Muffler heat shield. Put big washers under new screws. 20210605_131403.jpg 20210605_131410.jpg
20210605_132137.jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’ve had a great week. Interlake SRA on Monday.

And Turkey Bay today.

However, all of my fun had a price. The front driveshaft started ticking and creaking today - especially going downhill. I need to finish my research but a new driveshaft (and whatever else) is my next project and it all needs to be in place by my Wildcat trip on 6/19.

What all do I need to check while I’m replacing the driveshaft? I see grease splattered on the heat shield and I can rotate about 1/8 turn by hand. There is a little play in the front passenger ball joint but the driver is pretty tight so I figured this would be a good time to look at replacing those as well.

I plan to do all of this myself. Is there anything else to look for?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2018JKU in Rhino (best color ever)
309 Posts
Drove it to Hot Springs Offroad Park last weekend and back home today (with some time spent at Petit Jean SP in between)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
970 Posts
Bought a Dometic CFX3 55IM for it at the local REI. Fits like a glove with my totes and water jugs, will stack another tote on top of it. Has gaps around all 3 sides for the air vents.

Will be powering it with a Jackery 1000 W-hr Li ion pack + foldable solar for some boondocking. It's a large battery that will also let me run my laptop for remote work. Will charge the battery off of the Jeep's 12 V when driving, and solar during the day when parked.

This thing is going to be a luxury compared to my little 35 Qt cooler it is replacing, no more messing with ice, and more than double the usable capacity for not much more size or weight.

The IM stands for icemaker, it can make ice in two little trays even when the main compartment is set to refrigerator rather than freezer temps, which is how I plan to use it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Bought a Dometic CFX3 55IM for it at the local REI. Fits like a glove with my totes and water jugs, will stack another tote on top of it. Has gaps around all 3 sides for the air vents.

Will be powering it with a Jackery 1000 W-hr Li ion pack + foldable solar for some boondocking. It's a large battery that will also let me run my laptop for remote work. Will charge the battery off of the Jeep's 12 V when driving, and solar during the day when parked.

This thing is going to be a luxury compared to my little 35 Qt cooler it is replacing, no more messing with ice, and more than double the usable capacity for not much more size or weight.

The IM stands for icemaker, it can make ice in two little trays even when the main compartment is set to refrigerator rather than freezer temps, which is how I plan to use it.

View attachment 4514078

View attachment 4514079

View attachment 4514081
That does fit perfectly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Went to SMORR with the wife (who has turned out to be a damn good spotter!) and spent a few hours there. Did pee wees crossing (BoH) and a couple of other 1 &2 rated trails. The other BoH trail was under water from what we were told so we didn't even attempt it. I was highly impressed with what my jku can do. And I didn't break anything!! Also met a nice couple from Dallas wheeling their "fireball" jku. Tagged along with them exiting pee wees crossing. Overall a great day and we can't wait to go back and hit other trails

Sent from somewhere in Missouri

·
Registered
809 Posts
Installed a android head unit i bought myself for xmas to join the 21st century/dual usb port from said unit/added a power tap for the dash cam that I will tie into at some point. Also replaced clockspring and passed inspection. Took longer to clean all the dust and crap up than it did to install everything.

I should have done the head unit years ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks to some help in this forum, got my back up camera working, so now the Seicane is doing the 4 things I want it to do - radio, gps navigation, back up camera and bluetooth phone conversations. Also finished painting my fenders that were fading and rusting. I used a paint stripping wheel and some 600 grit sandpaper to smooth and get rid of the rusting places, then primed with 3 coats, then painted with 3 coats, then clear coated with three coats. Im not much of a painter, but they're finished, FINALLY. Managed to nearly fry my bald head, forearms and my knees as well...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks to some help in this forum, got my back up camera working, so now the Seicane is doing the 4 things I want it to do - radio, gps navigation, back up camera and bluetooth phone conversations. Also finished painting my fenders that were fading and rusting. I used a paint stripping wheel and some 600 grit sandpaper to smooth and get rid of the rusting places, then primed with 3 coats, then painted with 3 coats, then clear coated with three coats. Im not much of a painter, but they're finished, FINALLY. Managed to nearly fry my bald head, forearms and my knees as well...
You have much more patience than I ever will. Bet it looks awesome. (y)

·
Registered
456 Posts
You have much more patience than I ever will. Bet it looks awesome. (y)
I teach 5th graders, so patience is kinda necessary. But, after spending three days doing those stupid fenders, I was ready for the job to be finished! I did learn a lot, though! As far as how it looks, let's just say I prolly won't do any close up pictures hahahahaha!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I teach 5th graders, so patience is kinda necessary. But, after spending three days doing those stupid fenders, I was ready for the job to be finished! I did learn a lot, though! As far as how it looks, let's just say I prolly won't do any close up pictures hahahahaha!
Even more respect 🙌 took my 2 kids out of school to homeschool and just think they might not live to the end of the year. :rolleyes: That is a joke obviously, yet can't imagine teaching a full class of children of any age. I applaud you sir and thank you for doing what you do.

101201 - 101220 of 101257 Posts