Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101221 - 101240 of 101256 Posts

·
Registered
2011 JKUR
33 Posts
Noticed drivers side rear brake was hot after a joy ride. Tore into in and found it's the parking brake that's hung up. Not looking forward to that job after doing same on my F150 2 yrs ago. Is there a special tool for the shoe retaining clips?

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Went to SMORR with the wife (who has turned out to be a damn good spotter!) and spent a few hours there. Did pee wees crossing (BoH) and a couple of other 1 &2 rated trails. The other BoH trail was under water from what we were told so we didn't even attempt it. I was highly impressed with what my jku can do. And I didn't break anything!! Also met a nice couple from Dallas wheeling their "fireball" jku. Tagged along with them exiting pee wees crossing. Overall a great day and we can't wait to go back and hit other trails

Sent from somewhere in Missouri
SMORR is my favorite park in Missouri. Flat Nasty is pretty nice also if you haven’t been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MudDevil78

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
We will look into that! We have a couple more weeks off of work later in the summer and want to do a few more trails then.

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
97 Posts
Bulletpoint cell phone mount with GoPro mount. Now to get a GoPro!

Also made 2" rear bumpstops at work today. Now to finish her up as in 5 weeks we go off-road in a Jeep Jamboree.
20210609_163329_HDR.jpg
20210609_163423.jpg

Reactions: vikingshadow

·
Registered
633 Posts
Mostly finished my sound deadening project. I ran out of stuff so just ordered more from Amazon. I can already tell the difference. Once I switch out to AT tires later this year it will be great.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Went to SMORR with the wife (who has turned out to be a damn good spotter!) and spent a few hours there. Did pee wees crossing (BoH) and a couple of other 1 &2 rated trails. The other BoH trail was under water from what we were told so we didn't even attempt it. I was highly impressed with what my jku can do. And I didn't break anything!! Also met a nice couple from Dallas wheeling their "fireball" jku. Tagged along with them exiting pee wees crossing. Overall a great day and we can't wait to go back and hit other trails

I need to get there. I moved to Branson a year ago, but still haven't found any trails to run yet. I need a trail buddy at SMORR to show me where not to damage my daily driver.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I need to get there. I moved to Branson a year ago, but still haven't found any trails to run yet. I need a trail buddy at SMORR to show me where not to damage my daily driver.
That was our first time there. We talked about it last year but never went and this last week just said heck with it and headed down early Sunday morning. We then headed over to your neck of the woods later that day and stayed there. Our 16 is my DD so I was a bit nervous at first. After a bit on the trails I eased up. They have a good map and from the people we met and chatted with everybody is really helpful. The wife and I both agreed that meeting other jeepers there and doing a group run would be really fun. For a bit we just wandered by ourselves, which was fine, and then came across a couple of others that weren't wanting crazy trails. One couple had to drive theirs back to Texas and the other couple had too drive theirs back to Columbia, MO. We live almost 2 hours northwest of Columbia so I get what you mean by not damaging your DD.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Painted the interior vent trim and front shackles with paint from Mopar to match the True Blue Pearl. I was nervous about doing the interior trim because I couldn't quite visualize it, but I actually really like how it came out. Almost a shiny black, but it's just a really dark blue with pearl flecks in it. Sadly, it didn't paint the way I wanted to at first and it took almost a full can and some of a second to do, so I didn't have enough paint and had to order more to finish the interior trim pieces, and my grab bars, as well as my rear shackles. As you can see, I forgot to clear coat one of the front shackles (just on the forward facing side) so I'll take care of that tomorrow. Gf said that when I finish everything I want to do, the Jeep will look like a brand new machine, hahaha!

Oh, don't mind the dash piece. I told you in a previous post that the dash didn't fit so great - I need to get in there and work on it a bit more!
20210609_164900.jpg

20210609_164934.jpg

20210609_164926.jpg

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
That was our first time there. We talked about it last year but never went and this last week just said heck with it and headed down early Sunday morning. We then headed over to your neck of the woods later that day and stayed there. Our 16 is my DD so I was a bit nervous at first. After a bit on the trails I eased up. They have a good map and from the people we met and chatted with everybody is really helpful. The wife and I both agreed that meeting other jeepers there and doing a group run would be really fun. For a bit we just wandered by ourselves, which was fine, and then came across a couple of others that weren't wanting crazy trails. One couple had to drive theirs back to Texas and the other couple had too drive theirs back to Columbia, MO. We live almost 2 hours northwest of Columbia so I get what you mean by not damaging your DD.

I'm not unfamiliar with off-roading, having spent some time driving Hidden Falls in Texas and several other rocky parks beside. I just haven't done any driving here. It would be fun to get out.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm not unfamiliar with off-roading, having spend some time driving Hidden Falls in Texas and several other rocky parks beside. I just haven't done any driving here. It would be fun to get out.
Well if you ever decide to head to smorr, shoot me a message. If I can make it work we would be glad to meet up with another fellow jeeper and do some trails.

·
Registered
2016 Firecracker JKU Sport S -mostly stock at this point
34 Posts
My daughter and her boyfriend helped me install this EAG bumper and an X-Bull 13500 lb. winch after work yesterday. I unboxed and prepped everything the night before, and after watching every interweb video we could find, we got the whole job done in just under 2.5 hours. The only tricky part was fishing the winch cables from the winch to the battery. I'm really happy with the fit and finish. Only complaint is that the X-Bull "owners manual" is total rubbish. It would be better if they just included a business card that says "Good luck."

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yesterday I started my paint repair on the rear door I messed up a week or so back. I got the bend straightened out the best I could. Finishing up final paint today.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well in the past few weeks.. I added a roof rack, with gun cases (tool and recovery gear all up in them), installed a table for tailgate, replaced wheel speed sensor on driver side rear, new stubby rear bumper, and completed the morryde tire carrier.. had the HD hinges and support bracket for years.

Rear bumper and table:

Gun cases and roof rack:

Sequioa:

Pooch:

·
Registered
2014 JKU
17 Posts
today was that day of the week in which I want to get rid of my jk, had to fill gas 😭
I just had to do the same on my way home from work. Twist is I enjoy it. I used to drive a truck that only got about 12mpg at best on my daily commute. Now I'm getting 19-20 in the Jeep. I actually got the Jeep for better mpg and it worked because just about anything was an improvement from where I was. But that is because I don't plan on changing too much on the Jeep that will decrease my mpg. So it's for the most part stock, which works for me and what I want out of the Jeep.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I had a little bit of oil on my driveway today so I looked under my Jeep and found this. I am assuming this is a front axel seal?

101221 - 101240 of 101256 Posts