Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
101821 - 101840 of 101967 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's just a momentary switch I bought off Amazon. There are several YT videos explaining the process, of which the one below is just one example. Took apart the push button remote and determined which two points are associated with the button to operate the door. Soldered on a couple of wires on said spots and then on to the momentary switch. You can essentially mount the switch anywhere you'd like. In my case, I decided to drill a hole in the light control panel box. I ended up running the wire through the upper windshield header panel, along with the power line from the switch panel. I then mounted mine inside the driver side dash bezel so when it comes time to change the battery it will be easily accessible. I love not having the clicker hanging from the visor, especially when it comes time in the winter to run naked.

Thanks, I have seen the Homelink 3 button panel installs in various locations, but this looks super clean and I really only need to open the Jeep bay in the garage.

Reactions: DBL

·
Registered
2015 JKU Willys Wrangler
270 Posts
Did your breather pop off, or did the case bend on you? Sounds dramatic and fun at the same time. :)
The case bent -- it didn't take much to start leaking thanks to the crap job in laying down the sealant. It was like they had to pay for it by the millimetre and used it so sparingly it was almost comical when I saw it after taking the diff apart. Teaches me to outsource the job -- next time I'll do it myself.

At any rate, the combination of the bend and the lack of adequate sealant and I had a leak. Had there been enough sealant I might not even had a leak.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The case bent -- it didn't take much to start leaking thanks to the crap job in laying down the sealant. It was like they had to pay for it by the millimetre and used it so sparingly it was almost comical when I saw it after taking the diff apart. Teaches me to outsource the job -- next time I'll do it myself.

At any rate, the combination of the bend and the lack of adequate sealant and I had a leak. Had there been enough sealant I might not even had a leak.
Got it, thanks for explaining - you upgrading to aftermarket hardened case, or putting on a guard now? Would be curious to see what you go with...

·
Registered
2015 JKU Willys Wrangler
270 Posts
Got it, thanks for explaining - you upgrading to aftermarket hardened case, or putting on a guard now? Would be curious to see what you go with...
I'm back and forth actually -- I was initially going to go with an aftermarket case but I was up late last night looking at guards, ha ha.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Had fun in the Jeeps again. We did a local trail Eagle Rock. I was really impressed how well the ZJ does without lockers.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Broke the front drivers axle shaft over the weekend at SMORR. Anyone running RCV shafts that can chime in with good or bad experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Broke the front drivers axle shaft over the weekend at SMORR. Anyone running RCV shafts that can chime in with good or bad experiences?

Reactions: rsmwrangler

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

I'm in Branson. I want to go to SMORR but I can't have that happen to my daily driver.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in Branson. I want to go to SMORR but I can't have that happen to my daily driver.
Stay on the twos and threes and don’t play dumb like me. You’ll be ok. It’s a nice park.

Reactions: Boxcarwill

·
Registered
335 Posts

I really like my RCV shafts. So much nicer when the steering wheel is turned. I forgot how smooth they are compared to standard shafts. I have heard complaints that they click but mine I have been good for about 4 years and I top them off with a shot of grease every oil change.

Reactions: rja1766

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
484 Posts

OMG this place looks like fun. I may have to plan a trip there. Ya....looking at what is there, 2 and 3 trails is for me!

8.5 hours and 570 miles from me....

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,993 Posts
OMG this place looks like fun. I may have to plan a trip there. Ya....looking at what is there, 2 and 3 trails is for me!

8.5 hours and 570 miles from me....
It is a fun park....you could probably get away with the 4's also there...when we were there it was dry as a bone...no water at all in peewees crossing....some people are whole axle deep on that trail....just depends on the rain....

Reactions: Boxcarwill
101821 - 101840 of 101967 Posts