Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
101841 - 101860 of 101967 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hooked up new FlashCal to set my tire size and correct the speedometer. I thought it would fix the shift-point issue as well, as the Jeep seems sluggish with the new tires (295s vs the old 275s). In order to do this i fear i have to pay the software upgrade fee from Superchips (350$).

·
Retired Moderator
102,643 Posts
Reactions: trower55

·
Registered
2015 JKU Willys Wrangler
270 Posts
:) Did you decide on one yet perhaps? Inquiring minds want to know/see.

Thanks if you want to share.
I'm still mulling it over but I think I'll be going with the guard. Seems like less of a hassle.

·
Premium Member
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - Manual
82 Posts
Installed the MLC-6 Light Relay Controller. Like everything else Jeep, I modified this modification by adding my own little HomeLink button for the garage door opener. The little momentary switch matches the switch on the other side of the panel that actuates the LED’s on the panel. The one thing I do hate is the blatant plastering of the RC logo on the switch rockers, so I ordered replacements from OTR Switch Guys. I’ve read their Contura V rockers are a direct replacement for the RC’s. Hopefully that is true.

View attachment 4522194
Installed the new rocker switches to de-advertise for RC. For anyone stumbling on this researching, the OTR Contura V rockers are a direct fit, just order their little rocker removal tool and it's a piece of cake.

Gadget Font Gas Electric blue Machine

·
Registered
170 Posts
Installed the new rocker switches to de-advertise for RC. For anyone stumbling on this researching, the OTR Contura V rockers are a direct fit, just order their little rocker removal tool and it's a piece of cake.

View attachment 4522720
Those honestly look really great. 👍 How difficult is it to work the hard top in the center with that in?

I've delayed installing mine because it looks like the center latch might be impinged.

Thanks for the tip on the replacements.

·
Premium Member
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - Manual
82 Posts
Those honestly look really great. 👍 How difficult is it to work the hard top in the center with that in?

I've delayed installing mine because it looks like the center latch might be impinged.

Thanks for the tip on the replacements.
Thanks...I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It does not impede the freedom panels at all. The switch panel bracket does attach to the footman loop and in my case with an '07, it was a PIA because the loop was riveted in and not screwed in like later models. But no issues with the panels.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks...I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It does not impede the freedom panels at all. The switch panel bracket does attach to the footman loop and in my case with an '07, it was a PIA because the loop was riveted in and not screwed in like later models. But no issues with the panels.
Awesome. Might put mine in tomorrow. Just hasnt been a priority before the compressor and winch. Thanks again for sharing.

·
Registered
2017 JKU Hard Rock
945 Posts
Swapped out the Mopar Hoop for a Maximus-3 Classic Hoop. Also put my lights back on the AEV brackets which moves them back, up, and toward the center. Pic: After on top; before on bottom.
Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
6,270 Posts
I am going to make a warranty call this week. I don’t like the noise that’s coming from the clutch. It creaks when you depress it, and the throw out bearing chatters like a pair of ill fitted false teeth.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Broke the front drivers axle shaft over the weekend at SMORR. Anyone running RCV shafts that can chime in with good or bad experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the RCV axles. I ran them for 5 years in my old rig. I’ll be getting a set for the 2018 JK as soon as these u joints are worn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
484 Posts
Reactions: Mr. JP

·
Premium Member
2018JKU in Rhino (best color ever)
417 Posts
101841 - 101860 of 101967 Posts