Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
101861 - 101880 of 101967 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
484 Posts
It's most of a Metal Cloak 2.5" game changer. I have a set of 35" bfg km3s waiting to be mounted and balanced.
Sweet. That is what i think i will replace my Rough Counrty lift with. It has sagged to 2.75" all around. I know it is new to the jeep, but what did you get out of the lift? Thanks.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,203 Posts
Hooked up new FlashCal to set my tire size and correct the speedometer. I thought it would fix the shift-point issue as well, as the Jeep seems sluggish with the new tires (295s vs the old 275s). In order to do this i fear i have to pay the software upgrade fee from Superchips (350$).
What size tires did you change to? As in 295/70/17 or a 20" tire?

Reactions: Semper5

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,203 Posts
I am going to make a warranty call this week. I don’t like the noise that’s coming from the clutch. It creaks when you depress it, and the throw out bearing chatters like a pair of ill fitted false teeth.
Good luck. Clutches are usually considered wear and tear. Unless you have an unlimited and lower miles, I will wish you luck.

Reactions: joemd60

·
Registered
769 Posts
Got bored, so I grabbed some plain white Q-ball shift knobs and modified them to match my JKU. Cut some custom paint masks, air etched them, adhesion promoter, some mojave sand paint, and three coats of clear. The mojave sand color doesn't show well in the pics, but it matches perfectly. And the autos "stars-n-bars" matches my doors :).
Automotive lighting Audio equipment Material property Gas Automotive design
Gear shift Automotive lighting Automotive design Personal luxury car Audio equipment

·
Registered
335 Posts
Got bored, so I grabbed some plain white Q-ball shift knobs and modified them to match my JKU. Cut some custom paint masks, air etched them, adhesion promoter, some mojave sand paint, and three coats of clear. The mojave sand color doesn't show well in the pics, but it matches perfectly. And the autos "stars-n-bars" matches my doors :).
View attachment 4522873 View attachment 4522874
Very nicely done! You have some great skills!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Got in mail my flag pole/ antenna mount! Put it on in about 15 minutes. No instructions from Amazon. Now to order the antenna and the wire. Getting a 1/2 wave ngp antenna to monitor 160-161 railroad frequency.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car

·
Premium Member
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - Manual
82 Posts
View attachment 4522873 View attachment 4522874
Those look great...very nicely done.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
595 Posts
Being 13 years old with 190K, I decided to leave replacing the water pump to the guys at Brakes Plus - good call. Less than an hour in, the technician tells me it's going to take a bit longer than planned because one of the bolts sheared off. What would have been a PIA in the garage became their problem... and I enjoyed a quiet dinner with the wife. Win/Win!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Got my new Weathertec floor mats in the front. So much better. Quieter with more power and probably better MPG. Should I list them in my signature,,,, LOL.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Got my new Weathertec floor mats in the front. So much better. Quieter with more power and probably better MPG. Should I list them in my signature,,,, LOL.
I heard they can make your jeep float down the Nile!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
PCV (100,000 miles) on Tuesday and Spark Plugs yesterday on my wife's '16 JKU.
I change plugs every 50,000 miles (just hit 100,000 miles) and after checking gaps I am not sorry I do. Gaps aren't bad but do show enough wear in my eyes to warrant a new set. We also had a set freeze up in the heads when waiting too long in an old Caravan w/ the 3.6L engine.

·
Premium Member
2018JKU in Rhino (best color ever)
417 Posts
Being 13 years old with 190K, I decided to leave replacing the water pump to the guys at Brakes Plus - good call. Less than an hour in, the technician tells me it's going to take a bit longer than planned because one of the bolts sheared off. What would have been a PIA in the garage became their problem... and I enjoyed a quiet dinner with the wife. Win/Win!
Do not tell my wife this story. We have the constant argument of “I’ll do it myself” and “just take it to the shop”….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101861 - 101880 of 101967 Posts