Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
102041 - 102060 of 102159 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
657 Posts
upon further review(research) you are correct that is where that picture was taken. seems it all must be running together!! I was following someone else and not paying all that much attention to where I was apparently...lol.
Lol....yep, train tracks are parallel and just below you. I have not been on that road since 1996. So i wasn't positive on that being the road. It is beautiful in SW Wisconsin. Just not rock crawling. My bucket list has SW United States. I want to see the beautiful rock formations. One day.....

·
Registered
630 Posts
New wheels and tires. Method MR316 w/ Falken WildPeak A/T3W 35x12.5x17.
First impression = Awesome! I love the look and feel of these tires on the road.
They are slightly heavier then my previous combo shown in the pic below which were Pintlers + K02's.
Time will tell how they perform through the winter but I've heard good things so thought the Falken's were worth a shot.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Performing some preventive maintenance. Some people have had power issues due to heat on the main harness on the engine. So I pulled the connector apart and wrapped wires. What is interesting is on the back part of the connector you can see the wiring has been rubbing on the bracket below. All wrapped up now. Also I don't want problems with the hood insulation choking off the intake box. So I cut the insulation out. Trying to keep from having problems that others have had. Love this forum! She just got a bath too. We going out tomorrow watching trains.
Coil Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Cable
Hand Automotive tire Finger Gas Bumper
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Blue Automotive fuel system
Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Cable
Brown Wood Grey Automotive exterior Automotive tire

·
Registered
657 Posts
Ok, not really off-roading today. But cleaned her all up and we going train watching today in Illinois. Bought her a new Canon 90D camera so she will look better in pictures.
Sky Train Tire Wheel Land vehicle
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree
Found a nice gravel road and seen a few trains today. Will see more as the day goes on!

Reactions: Lou E

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
2,040 Posts
Ok, not really off-roading today. But cleaned her all up and we going train watching today in Illinois. Bought her a new Canon 90D camera so she will look better in pictures. View attachment 4524882 View attachment 4524883 Found a nice gravel road and seen a few trains today. Will see more as the day goes on!
You happen to see my 2022 Ram 3500 DRW Night Edition CTD on that train?

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
2,040 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Now that's funny! Well played!
That is a snippet from a video I shot in 1999 of a train derailment. Actually had Chevy trucks and Cadillac cars that I saw. Expensive loads.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Got our first badge of honor today running Gold Mountain in Big Bear. My 13 yo son downloaded the app and signed us up for the program. I also changed the rear sway bar links i had from some old RE 9.5" long links to JKS adjustable and made them 10 1/4" long which put my rear sway bar at a little better angle that before. The difference this made in my case has been more than welcome and it was absolutely very nice. Don't know if it's combination of a better link length with new bushings but now the Jeep corners great, tested today on my way to the trail now i need more braking power :) Can't believe a Jeep could drive this good with just couple of mods but i guess is just the sum of everything combined that makes all the difference in the word.

2021-10-09_07-41-53 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

2021-10-09_07-42-21 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is it, any feedback yet? I also have the kit and the kids are balking at the installation for some reason. Maybe because they are usually on the edge of their seats anyhow when my wife or I drive counting other jeeps. 😀
Sorry to just now respond. I haven’t ridden back there or had any passengers. It feels like it might be better though

Reactions: CJK2017
102041 - 102060 of 102159 Posts