Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
102241 - 102260 of 102263 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
You state in your build post you put a new Mopar cooler on the dorman housing. What is that part number and approximate cost? If....or when I do this I will be doing the same. Thanks!
you find a upgraded aluminum Housing assembly included everything oil cooler, aluminum housing and sensor from Amazon or ebay. that is a very good solution.
eBay item number:165184920640 or Amazon, B09K3WQLWJ (item number), hope it is helpful for you

·
Registered
2013 JKR, 6 speed manual trans. 2 inch AEV spacer lift, 35x12.5x17
105 Posts
Took the wife out yesterday evening and into the night on her second ever trail ride.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

She absolutely loves to go out and enjoy the trails.
It was after 9PM by time we got back to the house. This is what the Jeep looked like when I went outside this morning.

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

So took some time after Church today to wash it off a little. And install the new to me mount that arrived while we were at Church.
Mirror Vehicle Car Hood Automotive mirror

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Sky Cloud

·
Registered
497 Posts
I was able to mount one of my tires on my new beadlocks. I'm in no hurry so I will probably do one every few days. I took my time as this is my first set of beadlocks. The main wheel has clear coat powder coating and the ring has a heavy coat of "Polished Aluminum" colored powder coat. I wanted the wheel to stay somewhat shiny with minimal maintenance and I found a similar "Polished aluminum" color spray paint that I will use to touch up the rings when I scratch them. Hopefully after the holiday season I will start my 8 lug conversion.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Reseated a zerk fitting that had somehow worked it's way out of the teraflex tie rod. Apparently I also lost the rubber cap as well. The zerk was just sitting in the joint. Surprised it didn't fall off on the way home. I also checked for play in my ball joints so I can check that off the list as I'm still trying to track down my pulling to the right issue.

Sent from somewhere in Missouri

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr
130 Posts
Thinking about lifting her. 2.5 at max. But with my current setup (34-inch tires and flat narrow fenders) I don't know if my jeep would look like the guy who always skip leg day. Any opinions? I'd go for the krawl-off road Wrangler forum lift with bilsteins 5100 and RC front forged trackbar
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
2010 JK
419 Posts
Thinking about lifting her. 2.5 at max. But with my current setup (34-inch tires and flat narrow fenders) I don't know if my jeep would look like the guy who always skip leg day. Any opinions? I'd go for the krawl-off road Wrangler forum lift with bilsteins 5100 and RC front forged trackbar
View attachment 4528268
I'd throw a coil spacer up front or slightly taller springs. If that sag is caused by the bumper, then stiffer/taller springs would be best IMO.

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
2,059 Posts
View attachment 4528268
Are you going to wheel it?

·
Registered
2010 JK
419 Posts
I modified my rear seat to stay latched in place on one side when the backrest is folded. This way it doesn't tumble unless I pull a cable to release it. When the backrest is folded up in place, all of the latches hold the seat as they would before the mod was done.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Got out on an empty beach between light squals and my son got to help a very bored Ranger dig out some lobster traps and debris for 2 hours while we messed about. 😃

Wheel Sky Tire Cloud Vehicle
Tire Sky Land vehicle Cloud Wheel

Sky Vertebrate Cloud Water Beach

Was able to finally pretension the 10k x20 with some light pulls of seamonsters from the sand, and test the jeep (3rd-low-no issues) in some sand holes/gullies which he had been pulling other people out of the day before...

Cloud Sky Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt
Sky Cloud Ecoregion Tire Road surface

Cloud Sky Water Wood Beach

In the second pic, my son was clearing the shackle without tension on the line btw, winch/jeep off, in freespool.

Just another fun jeep day...will use a dampner next time though. :rolleyes:

Attachments

102241 - 102260 of 102263 Posts