Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
102261 - 102280 of 102488 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
I go wheeling probably once every 2 months because of school but once I finish university I want to start wheeling more
Better get after it while you have time. Everyone always thinks, “after I’m done with school I’ll have so much time”, including me. Life catches up quick. Go wheel while the only thing you gotta worry about is grades and a job that doesn’t follow you home.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That’s we Floridians call snow, but it’s actually sand…lol.
Lol, I was going to say it looked terrifying and that I was happy y'all made it out ok. 😅

Yet can now be releaved that global warming/climate change/arctic winter isn't yet upon us and my chickens can live another year before being turned into soup for the family. 👍

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr
141 Posts
Better get after it while you have time. Everyone always thinks, “after I’m done with school I’ll have so much time”, including me. Life catches up quick. Go wheel while the only thing you gotta worry about is grades and a job that doesn’t follow you home.
I definitely agree with that! But I am doing 2 engineering majors so getting time off is a little complicated. Can't wait for the winter break to go visit some off-roading parks here in Florida tho.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I definitely agree with that! But I am doing 2 engineering majors so getting time off is a little complicated. Can't wait for the winter break to go visit some off-roading parks here in Florida tho.
Sounds extremely familiar. 🤔 Nice focus!

Not to pile on advice, but mixing some wilderness education courses into your general ed might not be a bad idea to learn some knots, know how to stay alive out there, and get out with people who share the same passion.

I know it got me out on the trail more, the confidence/experience to drag out those who didn't and also practice with the types of adventurous open for anything women I wanted to spend time playing with. 😉

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
2,112 Posts
37s in the future
Go with a 3" lift then...you already have flat fenders so 3" will work with 37's better....here is a pic of my 2 door with a 3" ...37's and flats....

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Bought a new AGM battery for my 2013 Jeep (JKUS auto @ 94k miles) :) in preparation for the winter :)

The Jeep sits outside all winter in temps that drop down to -30C and has consistently been reliable / started without issues.

Replaced the OEM battery back in 2015 as it went from a heated garage all winter to sitting outside. We take the Jeep to the ski hill / mountains on a regular basis and have no interest in encountering a dead battery. I have a portable boost pack that I have used to help other drivers out many times, but have not needed it for our Jeep (yet).

The AGM battery I took out was a 2015 (so 6 years old) and working just fine. The guy at the counter thought it was odd to replace a good battery, as did the people behind me in line. At 6 years old, my thoughts are that is on borrowed time.

Preventative maintenance. :) Next up will be an oil change and plugs/wires in the new year.

Reactions: DBL

·
Registered
423 Posts
New wiper blades front and rear :) and a washer fluid tank of -40 fluid / anti-icing / de-icer fluid.

The new wiper blades rock. The old ones were less than a year old. I think the amount of bugs that are cleared in the summer destroy the blades, along with the ice build up in the winter.

Looking forward to this weekends drive out to the mountains for skiing :)

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr
141 Posts
Go with a 3" lift then...you already have flat fenders so 3" will work with 37's better....here is a pic of my 2 door with a 3" ...37's and flats....
it looks amazing. I am thinking now about ordering the Eibach lift kit. it's on sale on tirerack and it's a 3.5-inch lift kit with even the teraflex monster trackbar for 680. I think it's too good to be true

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bought a new AGM battery for my 2013 Jeep (JKUS auto @ 94k miles) :) in preparation for the winter :)

The Jeep sits outside all winter in temps that drop down to -30C and has consistently been reliable / started without issues.

Replaced the OEM battery back in 2015 as it went from a heated garage all winter to sitting outside. We take the Jeep to the ski hill / mountains on a regular basis and have no interest in encountering a dead battery. I have a portable boost pack that I have used to help other drivers out many times, but have not needed it for our Jeep (yet).

The AGM battery I took out was a 2015 (so 6 years old) and working just fine. The guy at the counter thought it was odd to replace a good battery, as did the people behind me in line. At 6 years old, my thoughts are that is on borrowed time.

Preventative maintenance. :) Next up will be an oil change and plugs/wires in the new year.
Kind of think you did the right thing there. When they go, they go, and it would suck to be with famy on the mt when that happened.

Hope you kept it as a core and can spend a little more to use a 2nd battery with a stinger battery isolator solenoid if they have the same CCA.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Kind of think you did the right thing there. When they go, they go, and it would suck to be with famy on the mt when that happened.

Hope you kept it as a core and can spend a little more to use a 2nd battery with a stinger battery isolator solenoid if they have the same CCA.
Returned the old battery as a core. Had no idea that these setups existed, learn something new everyday. Curious where people would mount a 2nd full size battery.

Thanks for posting. Now time to learn.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Returned the old battery as a core. Had no idea that these setups existed, learn something new everyday. Curious where people would mount a 2nd full size battery.

Thanks for posting. Now time to learn.
Cool. Never stop learning. (y)

They really do fit right under the hood with an aftermarket battery tray. Yes, there is enough room for two there.

Do a google search on dual battery tray, or dual battery kit for JK and your brain might pop with the options.

Genesis seems to have a really solid $$$ install kit if you do not want to diy with parts yourself. Can also do it for much less if have electrical training/experience.

Happy to help. 😀

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Tested my new Napa Maxi Trac air compressor. 1:35 min to pump 315/70/17 tires from 15 to 37psi. Fetched it on special for $94 from Napa online. I can fill all 4 tires in about 4 min from 15 to 30psi
20211125_111754 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Reactions: CJK2017 and DBL

·
Premium Member
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - Manual
186 Posts
Cool. Never stop learning. (y)

They really do fit right under the hood with an aftermarket battery tray. Yes, there is enough room for two there.

Do a google search on dual battery tray, or dual battery kit for JK and your brain might pop with the options.

Genesis seems to have a really solid $$$ install kit if you do not want to diy with parts yourself. Can also do it for much less if have electrical training/experience.

Happy to help. 😀
I was actually hoping Genesis would have a Black Friday sale as that is the route I’m planning on taking for a dual battery setup. They are pricy but electrical training/ experience is not something I possess…lol.

102261 - 102280 of 102488 Posts