3,395 Posts
Reactions: Cimmerian

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Installed JKS 3.5" springs to replace Eibach 3.5 springs. I gained 1" ride height in the process and the ride is more controlled while simultaneously being more comfortable over rough road. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Did you only do pads and not rotors? If so, what are your impressions? Thanks.
I only did the pads. Do you need to do rotors every time you change the pads? Didnt used to. I'm not an expert or anything and i didnt put any calipers or anything on them but they looked and felt fine.
Will the new pads wear down quicker without giving them a new surface to conform to? Maybe but i doubt i will notice. the jeep still stops just the same.
Besides that, I am wanting to upgrade to the JT brakes in the near future and will spend the money on those rotors.

As far as impressions, I'm not really good at those but i think i can do an ok Rodney Dangerfield. 🤣

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did a tune up in my driveway today, swapped the coils, wires, and plugs with all NGK. Forgot how much of a pain in the ass it is doing plugs on the 3.8 and routing wires.

Also put in my 2017 LED take offs. Can't wait to drive it tonight to see how it performs.

·
Registered
2015 JK Willys 2 Door
133 Posts
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car

Tuesday a friend, who has an odd work schedule, messaged me about hitting some trails. He wanted to do some easy trails / back roads.

I talked him into doing FR-157 again. I still haven't completed this dead end trail. It has rained here all week (still raining today) and I wondered if the creek crossing was doable. It was - just barely. My friend has a lift and 35 inch tires on his JKU. The water was up to the base of his headlights.

He made this video - Unless you like Rage Against the Machine, I recommend you turn down your volume for the 1st 5 minutes.

We made it to the same point I did last time and turned back. Friends of ours in our group made it to the end of the trail in a Subaru with a snorkel. They went on a day where it hadn't been raining all week. At the end of the trail they found a Cemetery where the father had served in the Civil War. One of those guys found a pretty cool / big arrow head.

Their video:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Finally dealt with massive dust ingress. Saw a thread here about the exhauster, never realized. Turns out mine was a bit compromised. Of course I didn't take a pic of the new one until it was installed amd the carrier was back in place. I will also say, a few flaps did not seat nearly as well as others on it. Wrinkly, corners lifted a bit. Still far better than the one I replaced. Back roads are dried out now, will soon be testing this out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

102921 - 102940 of 102985 Posts