Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
102941 - 102960 of 102985 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
I only did the pads. Do you need to do rotors every time you change the pads? Didnt used to. I'm not an expert or anything and i didnt put any calipers or anything on them but they looked and felt fine........
As far as impressions, I'm not really good at those but i think i can do an ok Rodney Dangerfield. 🤣
Funny :) I am not an expert on brakes either so I am just wondering if replacing just the pads and not the rotors is worth it and if the better pads offer any additional stopping power. If anyone who knows can chime in that would be great.

·
Registered
‘17 JKU Big Bear
625 Posts
Mine got a bath this morning too. Forecast said 10% rain chance so put my top down with plans for a drive. Had breakfast with my mom today. Come out of restaurant to a down pour. Not the 1st time nor last I’m sure but totally unexpected. Crazy Midwest weather….smh

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Mine got a bath this morning too. Forecast said 10% rain chance so put my top down with plans for a drive. Had breakfast with my mom today. Come out of restaurant to a down pour. Not the 1st time nor last I’m sure but totally unexpected. Crazy Midwest weather….smh
Understandable. Mine was going to get the wash and wax treatment today. Then the downpour. Now it's cloudy and windy. So instead I installed the teraflex brake line brackets in prep for new extended lines

Sent from somewhere in Missouri

·
Registered
580 Posts
Funny :) I am not an expert on brakes either so I am just wondering if replacing just the pads and not the rotors is worth it and if the better pads offer any additional stopping power. If anyone who knows can chime in that would be great.
Brakes are very important and rotors are relatively cheap. So I replace everytime. Not to mention I live in the midwest so they rust. Have tried just pads in the past and had issues with noise, loss of braking power etc. I'm the first to give someone a hard time for replacing things that don't need to be...but I replace everytime.

Reactions: HardRockRube

·
Registered
858 Posts
Finished off my molle panels with some gear bags, threw the bigger stuff in the "boxed" area (inside the panels) and added some bungie from the hardtop bolt tie-downs to the panels. Everything's nice and secure. This might be my new favorite mod (and not just 'cus it's the latest one), so much more storage space now!
Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Trunk Vehicle door
Window Vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive design

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with a Manual Transmission
23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
New Powerstop rotors and Z36 pads on all four corners. Replaced brake fluid too as it’s been 6 years and 32k miles. I think some air worked it’s way in there. Rear pads were shot but fronts were still in good shape. Nice and quick stopping now with larger tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 JK Willys 2 Door
133 Posts
@D Robs are those the MT baja mtz p3?
Baja Boss MT's.

The same size Yokohama Geolandar G003 MT's I have on my 4Runner don't pick up rocks like the Mickey Thompsons do.
The Mickey Thomsons are just as bad (for throwing rocks) as the BFG AT KO2's they replaced. Kind of annoying for a Mud Terrain.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with a Manual Transmission
23 Posts
I drove my JKU to the Rural King in Angola, Indiana today to purchase a drawbar for the receiver hitch. They had some nice looking heavy ones but closer inspection revealed they were ChiCom so I left without buying any.

·
Registered
2013 JKR, 6 speed manual trans. 2 inch AEV spacer lift, 35x12.5x17
111 Posts
Finally got some time to just get out for a quick ride in the Jeep, since going crawling a couple weeks ago.
While out this evening I noticed that my steering wheel no longer indexed as it was. Also noticed that I have a very noticeable pull to the right if I let go of the wheel.

Speedometer Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

Wheels are straight here.

102941 - 102960 of 102985 Posts