Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 681 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
The good news is; mileage probably not a big issue for RR's. :) Congrats. Mopar makes some nice accessories.
crazy how much better looking the rails make the wrangler look. I am hoping to get back to the oil field in alberta in September, pick myself up a new front and read bumper and a winch, like to get a hitch put on it too.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
crazy how much better looking the rails make the wrangler look. I am hoping to get back to the oil field in alberta in September, pick myself up a new front and read bumper and a winch, like to get a hitch put on it too.
Good deal. Have fun with your Jeep. It's what it's all about....👍

·
Registered
502 Posts
Installed ACE inner fender liners. I have to say, I'm not impressed. My stock ones wouldn't stay in place after the lift and it got even worse when I took off the end of the front bumper.

So I needed something but I just don't think these cover enough. I have the american expeditions led lights for the fender trim, but with these liners I think its going to look pretty bad. Way too much is going to be exposed.

Its a shame, these liners weren't inexpensive.

Any thoughts? suggestions for other liners?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Put in a Tuffy security deck and cut the cargo rug from my old JK to fit as a cargo area cover. About to install the ProClip iPhone holder. Slowly but surely getting the JL to where my JK was. You forget all the stuff you've accumulated over the years and need to replace.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Installed ACE inner fender liners. I have to say, I'm not impressed. My stock ones wouldn't stay in place after the lift and it got even worse when I took off the end of the front bumper.

So I needed something but I just don't think these cover enough. I have the american expeditions led lights for the fender trim, but with these liners I think its going to look pretty bad. Way too much is going to be exposed.

Its a shame, these liners weren't inexpensive.

Any thoughts? suggestions for other liners?
I agree. Not sure what you paid but as far as a liner goes - from what I can see in the pics ... that looks odd.
I wish I had a better suggestion. Hopefully someone who has gone down the liner road will chime in.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Put in a Tuffy security deck and cut the cargo rug from my old JK to fit as a cargo area cover. About to install the ProClip iPhone holder. Slowly but surely getting the JL to where my JK was. You forget all the stuff you've accumulated over the years and need to replace.
I had the Tuffy in my JKURHR. Have not addressed the JLUR (yet).

I went the 67 design, supposed to be here today. They both looked like the top 2 contenders for phone holder(s).

Good luck w/it.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
It arrived. Installed the 67 design mount yesterday. Little bit of a PIA probably because I never wait so I'm out in the rain outside my office. It's like 180* and humid as F'.

I'm smashed up against the windshield trying to see where the extra two(2) holes are so I can drill.
Anyway.... I got it in and stick the phone in. Truthfully initial impressions were 180* back and forth.
I unboxed it and thought "hmmm impressive"
Then I mounted it and though "ehhh not so much"

Now, it's been in for 24 hours and I like it. Showed my Wife last night and she wants one for her JK so I just ordered it. What.... $170 to hold phones?
I look at it as "Collision avoidance" ever dropped your phone in the footwell?
yep.

It is sturdy. I had to tweak my settings for the "squeeze" assistant (pixel2XL)
Every time I stuck the phone in the clamp the phone was like "WTF do you want Now!?" :)

Nice mount.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had the Tuffy in my JKURHR. Have not addressed the JLUR (yet).

I went the 67 design, supposed to be here today. They both looked like the top 2 contenders for phone holder(s).

Good luck w/it.
Update on installs:

Tuffy security deck: much easier to install than for the JKU. Seems like it has more room. I'm thinking about adding some D rings on top to strap stuff to outside of deck. Trying to find some ideas. Deck for JKU had a tray like design but JL version is flat.

Install of ProClip phone holder was a breeze. My only issue was my fat fingers dropping the little screws. I have Iphone 7S in a case and and the positioning of phone in holder does not obstruct view. I'm 5'10 so take that into consideration before purchasing if you're a few inches shorter. It holds phone tightly and no wobbling when pressing on screen.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So I got me some Smittybilt step/sliders and finally had a free Saturday to pop them on.
I think they look pretty sharp and now Shorty wont complain anymore about climbing in.
Next order of business is lights and a front bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does rocky mountain pinstripes count?

Had my first wheeling experience today, went through many emotions, excited, sad, happy, content. etc.

Really sad knowing that my brand new jlu was going to get all scratched up. However had tons of fun in the bush, we were out there for about 5 hours, but damn these things stock can handle quite well in the bush. Can't wait to get out there again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ordered a Proclip for my iPhone but it will also hold my radar detector with some velcro on the strap part. Scored an almost new soft top ( mine came with hard too ) and a Steel bumper with winch bar and PIA lights! All Rubi take offs and only 30 min from my home. Feels like Christmas!

Reactions: Snowren24

·
Registered
944 Posts
So I got me some Smittybilt step/sliders and finally had a free Saturday to pop them on.
I think they look pretty sharp and now Shorty wont complain anymore about climbing in.
Next order of business is lights and a front bumper.
Was the install easy? It looks like a very easy one. Where did you purchase them from? I think I want to get those

·
Registered
176 Posts
replaced all the front bulbs with LED ….huge upgrade in lighting

Attachments

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Took the 'ol girl out to play last weekend. Had the pitch/roll screen up for this one and it said i was 31* down bubble. This week i ordered a new 1350 rear driveshaft for her. Next up will be 5.13 gears.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Put locking gas cap on. Not so much to keep ppl from stealing gas, but to keep jerks from putting stuff in the tank.
Also gonna replace antenna with a shorter black carbon one. Don’t like that thin metal one.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Put locking gas cap on. Not so much to keep ppl from stealing gas, but to keep jerks from putting stuff in the tank.
Also gonna replace antenna with a shorter black carbon one. Don’t like that thin metal one.
Yeah, can't really siphon gas anymore but like you said - sugar etc in the tank (Yikes)

I take my antennaes off and rattle can them Black (reinstall) that way they still work (the shorties don't) and they aren't so obvious.

41 - 60 of 681 Posts