Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

621 - 640 of 681 Posts

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
New Rock Monster wheels and Toyo Open Country M/T's.
20210308_205015.jpg
20210308_205034.jpg

Reactions: Shakes

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I bought a Mopar steel bumper and LED fog lights for next to nothing today. Then I ordered a Rugged Ridge winch plate and a Warn Evo 10S. Hopefully everything will be installed by next weekend. I’m contemplating cutting the power/ground cable at about 2’ and having a quick disconnect installed.

Attachments

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Super Moderator
10,464 Posts
I bought a Mopar steel bumper and LED fog lights for next to nothing today. Then I ordered a Rugged Ridge winch plate and a Warn Evo 10S. Hopefully everything will be installed by next weekend. I’m contemplating cutting the power/ground cable at about 2’ and having a quick disconnect installed.
That’s the new one-piece Mopar steel bumper. Haven’t seen it out in the wild yet. How did you score it for “next to nothing”?

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Passenger side tail light had moisture in it so ran it to the dealership and they replaced it under warranty.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
That’s the new one-piece Mopar steel bumper. Haven’t seen it out in the wild yet. How did you score it for “next to nothing”?
I’m not sure if it’s a new one or not. The guy said he bought it on Amazon before he bought his new JL. He thought it was the popular three piece one and couldn’t return it. I paid $500 for the bumper and LED fog lights. It’s this one:
8903319E-C5C4-4313-8DB0-A3DB6A51E992.jpeg

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Got Jeep Ducked this morning. Was sitting on my driver side fender when i came out. This is my 2nd Ducking !
20210326_091021.jpg
20210326_091158.jpg

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Reactions: UTNewt

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
97,312 Posts
Love the thin blue line flag stickers, where did you get them? I need some. They look awesome.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

Reactions: UTNewt

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I picked up the Warn VR 10s Evo that I ordered. I had a quick disconnect added to the power line to help make maintenance easier. I’ll install it and the JPP bumper tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
10,464 Posts
Quadratec says it shipped my Q Stealth 10 winch!

I ordered it in November but it became back-ordered. Can’t wait to mount it!

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I got the new bumper and winch installed today. It took longer than planned because of the Maximus-3 tow points. I had to cut some pieces out of the winch plate and the bumper. I need to tidy up the wiring tomorrow. I had a quick disconnect added and it is right we’re the wire needs to up into the engine bay at the edge of the grill. I also need to remove a bit from the M.O.R.E. skid plate because the Max-3 tow points shifted a little.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I mentioned previously that I had quick disconnect harness added to the JL’s winch without mocking it up first. That was a mistake. First, getting the wires from the bumper to the battery seems much easier on the JL. Second, unlike my JK, I have to disassemble the bumper to get to the winch. Third, the quick connect falls right where the wire wants to go around the body mount and up into the wheel well. So, I made a few changes.

First, I pulled the grill forward and pulled the wires out. Second, I looked inside the grill for an area where the quick disconnect could live. There is a decent spot below the passenger side headlight toward the bottom of the grill. I dug out my dremel and increased the notch in the grill where it transitions from vertical to horizontal. After a few minutes of cutting and then sanding, I was happy with the change. Then I pulled the wire up inside the grill and test fit the grill; everything went back together just right. Last, I pulled the grill back out and ran the wires up through the gaps into the engine bay and put everything back together.

It looks much cleaner now, in fact the wires can’t be seen at all.
564AD620-52D8-4558-BE85-3646456F5488.jpeg
848F5D27-59FC-476B-BE7B-44027AEC9AF2.jpeg
4AE14931-13AC-4245-A38A-ADDCA656BA18.jpeg

Reactions: cyoung9799
621 - 640 of 681 Posts