Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

641 - 660 of 681 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought mine this week. First ever Jeep. Was ready to buy a sting gray JLU sport, and my wife said which one do you really want? I said I love the sarge green rubicon, but it’s out of the price range I was thinking. She said get the one you want. Went back Monday and drove the rubicon and bought it. After I brought it home she said she loved it when she saw it, but didn’t want to influence my decision. I’m lucky to have a good wife.

Added some blind spot mirrors and ordered the full rugged ridge mat set. Also ordered the grab handles to make it easier on the wife. Not sure what’s up next. Enjoying learning everything about it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Bought mine this week. First ever Jeep. Was ready to buy a sting gray JLU sport, and my wife said which one do you really want? I said I love the sarge green rubicon, but it’s out of the price range I was thinking. She said get the one you want. Went back Monday and drove the rubicon and bought it. After I brought it home she said she loved it when she saw it, but didn’t want to influence my decision. I’m lucky to have a good wife.

View attachment 4494924 View attachment 4494925

Added some blind spot mirrors and ordered the full rugged ridge mat set. Also ordered the grab handles to make it easier on the wife. Not sure what’s up next. Enjoying learning everything about it.
Welcome from Dallas/Fort Worth. You're a very lucky man. And your wife has great taste in Jeeps. Congratulations on both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dropped mine off tonight so that the dealer (1st one to look at it so far) can look at it tomorrow morning and, hopefully, order the parts for the steering TSB. Fingers crossed! One of the service managers did ask if it had a lift so we’ll see what happens. If they deny me, I’m going to politely point out that two months ago they just did the TSB on a friends Jeep that has the exact same Metalcloak lift and 37” tires.

·
Super Moderator
10,464 Posts

View attachment 4494924 View attachment 4494925

Is it me, or the green on the top doesn’t match the green on the doors?

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Dropped mine off tonight so that the dealer (1st one to look at it so far) can look at it tomorrow morning and, hopefully, order the parts for the steering TSB. Fingers crossed! One of the service managers did ask if it had a lift so we’ll see what happens. If they deny me, I’m going to politely point out that two months ago they just did the TSB on a friends Jeep that has the exact same Metalcloak lift and 37” tires.
The last time i took mine in for an oil change they wanted to swap out my steering gear box because of the TSB. I told them hell no. I dont get death wobble and my box is tapped for my hydraulic assist lines. I still have an open recall on the dampener also. They are leaving it open incase i ever put the Jeep back to stock and sell it. That way the new owner can get the recall done. You should have no problem getting a new cast iron steering box.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
The last time i took mine in for an oil change they wanted to swap out my steering gear box because of the TSB. I told them hell no. I dont get death wobble and my box is tapped for my hydraulic assist lines. I still have an open recall on the dampener also. They are leaving it open incase i ever put the Jeep back to stock and sell it. That way the new owner can get the recall done. You should have no problem getting a new cast iron steering box.
Ours was denied because the caster was out of spec. Of course it's out of spec because it has a 3.5" RK X-factor lift but all stock steering components (Have complete Steer Smarts system in the garage but was waiting to get TSB done before installing). Going to try another dealership when my son brings the Jeep home from college.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Picked up a new 2021 JLUR diesel in Hydro Blue yesterday. Traded in a 2012 JKUR. Already started the mods. Radio screen cover, MORE dead pedal and MC rear middle seat support. Have front bumper, step sliders, tazer mini, skid plates and more to go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ours was denied because the caster was out of spec. Of course it's out of spec because it has a 3.5" RK X-factor lift but all stock steering components (Have complete Steer Smarts system in the garage but was waiting to get TSB done before installing). Going to try another dealership when my son brings the Jeep home from college.
Success!!! The dealer confirmed the steering issue (I have a nice 2-3” dead spot between 11 and 2) and then ordered the new steering box after checking with my aftermarket extended warranty company. Anyway, it’s being installed tomorrow.

By the way, I have a 3.5” MC GC lift, 37” Nittos on KMC 231 bead locks, Steersmarts drag link, tie rod assembly, and steering damper and I even have the synergy brace still installed on it. I even forgot to remove the Tazer when I dropped it off.

I think the key is to find a dealer that is friendly to modded Jeeps AND (more importantly) one that’s not really busy - which means they’re hungry for billable hours. I was shocked to have been able to stop in yesterday and make an appointment for the following morning. This dealer has a ton of bays and I only saw about 1/4 of the bays in use.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Success!!! The dealer confirmed the steering issue (I have a nice 2-3” dead spot between 11 and 2) and then ordered the new steering box after checking with my aftermarket extended warranty company. Anyway, it’s being installed tomorrow.

By the way, I have a 3.5” MC GC lift, 37” Nittos on KMC 231 bead locks, Steersmarts drag link, tie rod assembly, and steering damper and I even have the synergy brace still installed on it. I even forgot to remove the Tazer when I dropped it off.

I think the key is to find a dealer that is friendly to modded Jeeps AND (more importantly) one that’s not really busy - which means they’re hungry for billable hours. I was shocked to have been able to stop in yesterday and make an appointment for the following morning. This dealer has a ton of bays and I only saw about 1/4 of the bays in use.
Just got my Rubicon back today. Wow! My Wrangler drives as good as my 2017 Nissan Maxima. The steering is now nice and tight and the steering wheel has zero play. Can’t tell you what a joy it was to drive home in traffic and be able to easily stay in my lane. For those of you that haven’t had it done yet, definitely pursue the new all steel steering gear box. Also, I was quite surprised to see that the dealer even put my Synergy brace back on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,464 Posts
Just got my Rubicon back today. Wow! My Wrangler drives as good as my 2017 Nissan Maxima. The steering is now nice and tight and the steering wheel has zero play. Can’t tell you what a joy it was to drive home in traffic and be able to easily stay in my lane. For those of you that haven’t had it done yet, definitely pursue the new all steel steering gear box. Also, I was quite surprised to see that the dealer even put my Synergy brace back on.

That’s great to hear!

FCA was supposed to have been issuing a recall of the old steering box on Q1.

But Q1 came and went and here I am still waiting for the damn recall notice.

It must have fallen through the cracks... like everything at FCA did.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
That’s great to hear!

FCA was supposed to have been issuing a recall of the old steering box on Q1.

But Q1 came and went and here I am still waiting for the damn recall notice.

It must have fallen through the cracks... like everything at FCA did.
My understanding is if you go to the dealership and tell them your steering is messed up they will replace the box. No recall necessary since there is a TSB out on it.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Super Moderator
10,464 Posts
My understanding is if you go to the dealership and tell them your steering is messed up they will replace the box. No recall necessary since there is a TSB out on it.
That’s my dilemma. My steering is “fine” with the aluminum steering box. I am afraid my dealer will screw things up if they get their dirty little hands in there.

An official recall would give me no alternative.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just installed Bolt Hood Lock on my 2021. Fits as should. Quality & Finish A+. Easy installation. Not for Wranglers with OEM front camera installed. (Camera shares the same space)

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I ordered a set of Black Rhino Sprocket wheels wrapped in 35” Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 tires. I bought her the wheels she wants and the tires I want (that she’ll like). The tires will be on mine within 6 months when she decides she wants a lift and 37’s.

Reactions: cyoung9799

·
Registered
20 Posts
Picked up a Warn Zeon 10s but still waiting on my winch plate to come in. Should be here next week. Also ordered a fire extinguisher. Researching seat mounted fire extinguisher mounts now since I don’t want to mount it on the rollbar.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
We started using a single key instead our own keys. Why is that significant, you ask? Ever since we bought this JLUR (9/2020), the trip meters have not worked. We’d start it up, reset it when necessary and then go about our drive. When we restarted it, it would reset 9 times out of 10. I called the service department to make an appointment and when I described it, he asked if we use two keys. He said to try using a single key to check if it resolved the issue.

Three days later and all is good. I’m trying to think of why trip A/B would be tied to a key. Any ideas?

·
Registered
429 Posts
We started using a single key instead our own keys. Why is that significant, you ask? Ever since we bought this JLUR (9/2020), the trip meters have not worked. We’d start it up, reset it when necessary and then go about our drive. When we restarted it, it would reset 9 times out of 10. I called the service department to make an appointment and when I described it, he asked if we use two keys. He said to try using a single key to check if it resolved the issue.

Three days later and all is good. I’m trying to think of why trip A/B would be tied to a key. Any ideas?
Interesting. It would be nice if you could set driver settings (radio, mirrors, etc.) based on the key fob in the vehicle at the time. It would save me from having to readjust my mirrors every time my vertically-challenged wife drives my Jeep. Heck, I'd be happy if she would just remember to scoot the seat back so I don't crack my knee on the dash trying to get in the seat after she's driven it.

·
Super Moderator
10,464 Posts

Wow. That is just weird.

641 - 660 of 681 Posts