Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a two inch BB on my 2001 Sahara Wrangler. I didn't do any other modifications other than 31 inch tires. I took it to the tire shop to see about getting it aligned and they said it didn't need it. They asked me if it pulled to one side and I told them it didn't. If you let go of the steering wheel it drives as straight as a string down the road. My problem is that every once in a while it gets the death wobble at about 40-45 mph. I told them about this and they said that it probably needed a steering stabilizer. It's got the original one on it now. I thought you were supposed to get an alignment after installing a budget boost. What do I need to do to stop the death wobble?

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Most shops will do an alignment check for free with a print out of what is in or out of specification. If you are really having death wobble then check out the sticky about it. Alignments are simple to do on Jeeps and I did mine at home. Jerry has a write up on it. Have the alignment checked, but it is not always necessary with a 2" BB.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Are you sure it's DW and not just shimmy? The only way to recover from DW is to slow waaaaaaay down; does it keep wobbling until you slow down, or does it smooth itself out after a few seconds? Either way, the DW thread has plenty of valuable info!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty sure it's the dreaded death wobble. Have to slow down considerably to get it to stop. It only does it once a week or less. I will check out the sticky on it. Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just got 31's put on an hour ago. When i turn the wheel all the way to one side it rubs. What is the cheapest way to fix this because the tires just cost me 600..

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
Make sure your track bar is tight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts