Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want my yj to flex right . I'm not really sure what I need to get flexing . It had pro comp suspension right now with a 4 inch lift . Please help ! 馃槱

Registered
What makes you think its not flexing good? You cant expect too much from spring under but if your sway and trac bars are still connected that could cause binding.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What makes you think its not flexing good? You cant expect too much from spring under but if your sway and trac bars are still connected that could cause binding.
Do the lead springs have anything to do with it ?
I feel like I don't get enough flex that's all .

Registered
1. remove track bars.
2. get sway bar disconnects.
3. you already have a lift kit, but the bigger the lift kit, then the more room you have for flex.
4. properly adjust bump stops.

That is flex in a nut-shell.

Registered
3 words:
Spring
Over
Axle

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Three more words Four Link Conversion
Never heard of that ? Can you explain it to me . I always loved jeeps since I was kid I always said I would own one and at 20 years old I finally won my first YJ and I'm new to all the things that be done .

Registered
Three more words
Four
Link
Conversion
Daddyjeep is spot on. Sick jeep by the way. One of these days I'll get around to throwing my 60's on. Then I'll stretch and link her.

Registered
Never heard of that ? Can you explain it to me . I always loved jeeps since I was kid I always said I would own one and at 20 years old I finally won my first YJ and I'm new to all the things that be done .
Alex check out his build thread in his signature.

Registered
Check out my build thread. Basically you get rid of your leaf springs and replace them with links to locate the axles and either nitrogen shocks, coil overs, or coil springs. A four link is a lot of work and a lot of money.

Registered

Registered
You don't need to get into an SOA conversion (it's a drawn out process).

First thing I would suggest is deleting the Track Bars and adding quick disconnects. This is my stock 89 YJ, 1" lift shackles.

There is plenty of flex available to go a lot of places. It's how you utilize that flex. You already have a 4" lift so you will have even more flex than I do.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You don't need to get into an SOA conversion (it's a drawn out process). First thing I would suggest is deleting the Track Bars and adding quick disconnects. This is my stock 89 YJ, 1" lift shackles. There is plenty of flex available to go a lot of places. It's how you utilize that flex. You already have a 4" lift so you will have even more flex than I do.
And how do I go about getting quick disconnects ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts