Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a JKU Rubicon and was wondering what you folks thought was mandatory on a Jeep. Preferably relevant to 2015 or similar since that's what I would be ordering.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I am looking at getting a JKU Rubicon and was wondering what you folks thought was mandatory on a Jeep. Preferably relevant to 2015 or similar since that's what I would be ordering.
If I was getting a Rubi, I'd definitely get the 4:10 gears.

Bob

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
It all depends on where you live and how you plan on using the vehicle.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
4.10s, if you ever plan on getting bigger wheels/tires

Connectivity Group for the EVIC and Bluetooth

A Hard Rock just to get that hood! :drool:

Seriously though, the first and second are must haves for Mike and I. The third is just wishful thinking. I can't think of anything else that the Rubi doesn't come with that I'd add.

Good luck deciding! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Dual Top Group
Whatever leads to 4.10 gears (I went with 6 speed, so I had that *ahem* standard :) )
If I did it again, maybe Premium Sound & Leather over "leather trim"

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
4.10s, if you ever plan on getting bigger wheels/tires Connectivity Group for the EVIC and Bluetooth A Hard Rock just to get that hood! :drool: Seriously though, the first and second are must haves for Mike and I. The third is just wishful thinking. I can't think of anything else that the Rubi doesn't come with that I'd add. Good luck deciding! :thumb:
Third must have is a friend to wheel with. People here are great for that !!!! Wheeling on your own is too risk for my blood.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Premium soft top and if your going to drive this off pavement "ever" don't opt for color match flares...stay with the plan old standard ones.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I want half doors like crazy, but not as my only door. My friend had a YL with halfs and the zipper windows were so annoying and flappy.

I will be buying halfs at some point.

My must haves were:
Connectivity Group - for the upgrade EVIC with individual tire PSI
Hardtop
3.73s

But, in the case of a Rubi, it comes standard with the real must haves, 4.10 (cos automatic is not a must have ;), front D44, lockers, 4:1 tcase.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
my $0.02:

In order of importance if I could only choose three:

1). Hard Rock version (So many usable upgrades that never get mentioned, like the steel front skid plate)
2). 4.10 gears (option on Automatic)
3). Dual Top group

I *think* everything else can be done after the fact for reasonable cost.

Good luck on your order!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dual Top Group
Whatever leads to 4.10 gears (I went with 6 speed, so I had that *ahem* standard :) )
If I did it again, maybe Premium Sound & Leather over "leather trim"
What's the premium sound sound like? Is it worth the money or should I look towards the aftermarket for a stereo?

·
Registered
60 Posts
What's the premium sound sound like? Is it worth the money or should I look towards the aftermarket for a stereo?
The nav unit with u connect is a must because of steering wheel operations and voice commands but for speakers and sub might be good for some not for me I replaced them all. I recommend test drive one with premium sound and see if it works for you.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts