Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

2701 - 2720 of 2771 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Nice....I want to get their holster mount. I just cant decide if I will be ok with a little less leg room.

Sent from my Galaxy S8+
○|||||||○
I have the panel installed and now am looking at pouches. Beginning to share your concern as typically, I use my left leg as a brace against the door so often it has become a habit to just rest it there. Am thinking any pouch with any significant width may prove an annoyance as it will contact my leg. Will know more when my pouches arrive on Friday; went with 5"H x 8.5"L x 2.8"W.
On a positive note, I have crank windows and after I first installed the panel, I was concerned about striking my hand on it when operating the crank, there is ample room to clear the panel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the panel installed and now am looking at pouches. Beginning to share your concern as typically, I use my left leg as a brace against the door so often it has become a habit to just rest it there. Am thinking any pouch with any significant width may prove an annoyance as it will contact my leg. Will know more when my pouches arrive on Friday; went with 5"H x 8.5"L x 2.8"W.
On a positive note, I have crank windows and after I first installed the panel, I was concerned about striking my hand on it when operating the crank, there is ample room to clear the panel.
Very cool. Post pics!

Sent from my Galaxy S8+
○|||||||○

·
Registered
45 Posts
Coming up on a diff fluid change while I’m in there will be adding front and rear dana spicer diff covers.

Update on the gorilla glass install. Driving home from the coast got nailed with a large rock on the freeway. That rock would’ve definitely cracked the normal glass but this time barely made a scratch. So far so good

Reactions: Cobra5.4

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
5184651AH
Thermostat and housing for my 2012. Been getting the P0128 every now and again, and it does take a while for guage to get into normal range.
122k miles so that will be my first guess.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Ordered my factory non subwoofer trim panel. Took the factory sub trim panel out today in preparation for Tuesday’s delivery. Once I have that in place I can mount the new sub enclosure on the tailgate. Then I just have to order the new 10” sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I’ve got diode dynamics in my interior dome lights zero issues
Just looked into them and left them a question. Their description has a note stating the 194 map light bulbs are NOT compatible with the JKU!!?? I don’t understand why they wouldn’t be unless it’s something in their end. Size wise maybe? Doesn’t make sense, but then it’s 20.00 for a pair of bulbs and 9.00 for standard shipping

·
Registered
45 Posts
I believe the map and foot well lights are soldered connections that you can’t change over. The dome light you can

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I believe the map and foot well lights are soldered connections that you can’t change over. The dome light you can
So per their website, the “dome” light is the one on the rear rollbar and the “map lights” are above the driver/passenger seats. Even though we all know those are dome lights as well and the true map lights are in the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I feel like you have a follow up statement........

If I get 8,000 miles on a set, I'm fine with that...... and I think I'll get much more from what I've read.
Nah I don't. However, I don't recognize the tires, so I'm weary.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Nah I don't. However, I don't recognize the tires, so I'm weary.

They are pretty highly regarded irock-crawlers. They actually only make the 37” and up in competition “sticky” compound, which I would steer clear of. But they are a bias tire, so not the best for a daily, but I read about plenty of people daily driving the non-comps

·
Registered
114 Posts
Did you buy them?
My personal preference is to stick with Nitto Ridge Grapplers or Mickey Thompson all terrain tires for overall ride and performance.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Local place wants $45 per tire to mount/balance. I know people say doing your own is easy with beadlocks, but nope nope nope. Gonna have to call around

2701 - 2720 of 2771 Posts