Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

2721 - 2740 of 2771 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I just paid $30 per tire to have my new Saltas swapped over. This could be geographical though.
I called around (at least to places that weren’t sketchy) and found a big-chain place that quoted me $125-$130 after tax for all five. I’m jumping on it. Tires should be here tomorrow apparently, which is crazy fast

·
Registered
134 Posts
I called around (at least to places that weren’t sketchy) and found a big-chain place that quoted me $125-$130 after tax for all five. I’m jumping on it. Tires should be here tomorrow apparently, which is crazy fast
Did I unserstand you correctly...This is for beadlocks? If so I'm supprised that a chain store will even touch them. That is a good price for it though. Just make sure you check their work...thats a lot of bolts to torque.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Did I unserstand you correctly...This is for beadlocks? If so I'm supprised that a chain store will even touch them. That is a good price for it though. Just make sure you check their work...thats a lot of bolts to torque.
Yep. Beadlocks!

I plan to check closely, but it is a tire-only-shop.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good looking wheels...They were on my list of wheels to consider. I went with the XD Machettes, mostly because of a sale at NR4x4 at the time.
Post up pics when they are done!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine are currently blinking and drives me crazy, what bulbs did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went with these. so far so good.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088PCLQ9W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?
Mine are currently blinking and drives me crazy, what bulbs did you go with?

@the Kolector -- I went with these. so far so good.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I messaged the company and got this as a response:

I’m not sure what they are talking about, I have LED194s in there now and they don’t stay on, they are just flickering like there’s a short in them.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
I just ordered the TeraFlex adjustable tire carrier. These new Saltas I have are too far away from the snubbers to be supported and the wheels are heavier than the oem wheels. it is time to move away from the oem carrier. I should be able to bring the wheel/tire much closer to the tailgate with TeraFlex's adjustments.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
temporarily used a golf ball on one side and doubled up the 1 1/2” x 1 1/4” adapter to provide some support.

looks goofy this far from the tailgate.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
They going to make it right?

Sent from somewhere in Missouri
I contacted them through the “return” option, but they were delivered when I wasn’t home, so I quickly rolled them to the garage, changed, and I’m at the Browns’ game now....... I suppose I will hear something tomorrow hopefully

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
They going to make it right?

Sent from somewhere in Missouri
Nevermind........ They said I have to wait for the 5th tire to show up, print some labels and tape them to each tire, load the tires up and take them to a Fed Ex (UPS would be 100x’s easier for me) place and ship them back, and they will refund me when they get them.

They don’t have them in stock and offered no other solutions

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nevermind........ They said I have to wait for the 5th tire to show up, print some labels and tape them to each tire, load the tires up and take them to a Fed Ex (UPS would be 100x’s easier for me) place and ship them back, and they will refund me when they get them.

They don’t have them in stock and offered no other solutions
Sounds like they offered one solution-buy from someone else. That sucks, good luck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Sounds like they offered one solution-buy from someone else. That sucks, good luck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I emailed back and told them to schedule a pick-up if they aren’t even going to try to get me the right tires.

My only close Fed-Ex places are inside Walgreens...... It’s just gonna be five 35” tires...... should be fun.....

2721 - 2740 of 2771 Posts