Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Knows a couple things...
49,624 Posts
Having once run polyurethane engine and transmissions mounts, I will now only run rubber. Polyurethane passes too many vibrations which is why the automotive manufacturers don't use it.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,624 Posts
Longevity was never an issue for me. For example, I sure wouldn't replace my feather pillow with a wood block simply because the wood block would definitely outlast my feather pillow. :p

Not to mention, again, that rubber mounts typically outlast the vehicles the factory installs them into. :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Longevity was never an issue for me. For example, I sure wouldn't replace my feather pillow with a wood block simply because the wood block would definitely outlast my feather pillow. :p

Not to mention, again, that rubber mounts typically outlast the vehicles the factory installs them into. :)
my rubber mounts were shot at 100K all of them, the trans mount was torn. and my jeep is still going.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,624 Posts
Sounds like you don't like my 'go rubber' suggestion... go with whatever you want, sounds like you want to go with polyurethane. I'm just saying I used poly before and I'll never go back to it again.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like you don't like my 'go rubber' suggestion... go with whatever you want, sounds like you want to go with polyurethane. I'm just saying I used poly before and I'll never go back to it again.
I'm going with poly cause thats what I went with and now the build is done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts