Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here and just to clarify, I'm not selling anything. Just looking for feedback on a project I'm working on. The mirrors are not even in production yet, but just in case, they are patent pending (it's cheap to do through Legal Zoom)

There's not many options for JK side mirrors that bolt in the original position on the doors. These spring loaded mirrors can break-away in any direction 90 deg. and return to center. There's also a high intensity LED light option that illuminates to the front/side.
Is this something JK owners would be interested in? Any comments about the design?
Thanks - John

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes. I like the break-away concept but I can't say that has been a big concern but it would be a bonus.

I like the LED integration as it really solves the mystery of how I'm going to add more lights without making my vehicle look obnoxious, cheap, or just plain silly for something I will rarely use (no offense, 50" led guys). Ideally it would have the wires for the LED integrated into the mirror harness that would transfer into the door (with plenty of cable to still allow someone to continue the pos/neg on to an sPod or similar).

If your going for the masses you could put a cheap LED in there, and the angry bird grill buyers would be all over it. But I personally wouldn't buy it unless it was a high quality one, especially K/C (been a fan since my dad's K5 had the smiley faces). Removable if it was also fairly secure, like a keyed cylinder or similar.

Great job on the other ones too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts