Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

what do you think is the best way to carry snowboards and skis on a wrangler?

10K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  GoodLife 
#1 ·
what do you think is the best way to carry snowboards and skis on a wrangler?

#2 ·
Drop the top and stand them up behind the rear seat!!! Great way to bring home Christmas trees too!;) :D

Seriously though, I think that Yakima makes racks for the top of Jeeps, and I know that Top Five makes some. You could start on Quadretec or 4wheelparts and go from there.

#4 ·
Yakima makes a slidding track that has to be rivited in the hardtop (Yakima "tracks") and then you have to buy Yakima "control towers" and yakima "landing pad #1" and then Yakima "cross bars"... Then which ever ski/board rack you want...

I plan on doing the same setup, but with only a gear basket and bike rack rather than a ski rack.

#11 ·
do you think the yakima set up work to carry kayaks? can you tell me what components you used? thanks
My sister just had a custom rack made for her kayak that lets her strap it on an then flip it up over the top.

#9 ·
If its occassional...you could probably get away with unhooking the back windshield on the bottom and hang them out the back....just make sure you strap em down on the inside so they don't go skiing without you.

Most soft-top roof racks seem to attach to the rollbar and are mainly for top-down. There are ski racks that attach to a hitch or spare tire though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.