Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 2.5L 4cyl wrangler automatic and If I put 32s on the tires will I just lose a little power but still be able to cruise down the highway.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
bhsanchez72 said:
I have a 1994 2.5L 4cyl wrangler automatic and If I put 32s on the tires will I just lose a little power but still be able to cruise down the highway.
You will lose a little bit of power but you can still cruise. Shouldn't be an issue I wouldn't think.

·
Registered
258 Posts
bhsanchez, I have the same vehicle with a 4" RD lift and 33 X 12.50 tires. You will notice some loss of power and speed but still be able to cruise down the highway. Most people will recommend regearing both front and rear axles to compensate for the oversize tires. You will also find the speedo will show you are driving slower until you regear the speedo drive gear.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I think up to a 30 inch tire, you won't notice. Every inch above that is going to start robbing more and more of your cruising power until you no longer have a 5th gear. At 33 inch tires, even after my tuneup, I still top out in 4th gear at about 60MPH and have no 5th gear on even flat ground at that speed. I lose power right away. I'm running the same 4.10 gears you are so I'm going to 4.88 front and back to get some of that power back.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think up to a 30 inch tire, you won't notice. Every inch above that is going to start robbing more and more of your cruising power until you no longer have a 5th gear. At 33 inch tires, even after my tuneup, I still top out in 4th gear at about 60MPH and have no 5th gear on even flat ground at that speed. I lose power right away. I'm running the same 4.10 gears you are so I'm going to 4.88 front and back to get some of that power back.
You are completely wrong becuase it says AUTOMATIC and I have 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone else have this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts