Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy wants to sell me a hardtop, 2 full doors, an inline 6 engine with 90K miles on it, an automatic tranny same miles, center console and the radiator for 2200 bucks is this a good deal? or should i try to whittle him down some?

Thinking of installing this with the highline body kit a 1.5-2" lift (my suspension is very tired) and running 33- 34" tires. Look forward to your opinions

·
Administrator
12,609 Posts
Well i suppose i should ask.. do you need a hardtop, engine or trans? as i am not sure what that all has to do with the highline body kit?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah sorry guess that was a little disjointed.

I currently have a leaky old soft top a 4cyl that has no power and a manual 5 speed tranny that my wife cant drive (not necessarily a bad thing lol) My suspension is tired and saggy hence the lift kit. I have 31's on the jeep now and would like to move to 33-34" which is part of the reason fr the highline kit

Really just looking to see if you guys think 2200 is a good deal for the eng, tranny, hard top, center console, radiator, and doors

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Yeah sorry guess that was a little disjointed.

I currently have a leaky old soft top a 4cyl that has no power and a manual 5 speed tranny that my wife cant drive (not necessarily a bad thing lol) My suspension is tired and saggy hence the lift kit. I have 31's on the jeep now and would like to move to 33-34" which is part of the reason fr the highline kit

Really just looking to see if you guys think 2200 is a good deal for the eng, tranny, hard top, center console, radiator, and doors
How attached are you to your current Jeep? If you sold it as is, put $2200 with it...you could just buy a TJ w/ 4.0L, full doors, Auto with a hardtop.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The jeep has virtually no rust on it anywhere the frame and body are in pristine condition and the electronics and heat are good. Main reason i was looking at it for a repower. plus the price i got it for couldnt be beat in my area by a long shot. even after putting all the money into it making it the way i want it I will be around the asking price of the other jeeps in my area that are stock. :thumb:

of course I may get a little crazy and start goin nuts on it but who knows lol

·
Registered
769 Posts
Well, if you like wrenching on your jeep you are gonna have fun! If you are repowering the jeep then this is a damn good deal. I would offer less because if cash is involved you can always pay less. If you think about it, doors and a top would be 1500 to 2 grand so you are really getting the drive train free. You also get to sell your engine / trans for some cash so why not? If you don't mind trying a different jeep then trade up. Lots of sports or sahara's if you look.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Does that include wiring harness and shift linkage? Full doors around here are 750-1000. hard tops in good shape are 650-1300.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts