Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
12,548 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
ummm why waist your money, soa all the way, do it for 400 or less if you got some fab skills.soa=4 1/4 lift, stock ride, more articulation. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
i think you've been tossing this around on here before. that kit is gonna ride like crap, and perform worse on the trail, and it is very expensive. and soa w/ stock springs is about 5.5"-6"

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i would get soa if i could afford it wanna give me some money for the soa hahaha
im gonna go with the Spring under and just put a 3 inch on it and call it good im not planning on rock crawling anytime soon so its fine for some trail riding and street riding

has anyone uses warrior lifts???

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ummm why waist your money, soa all the way, do it for 400 or less if you got some fab skills.soa=4 1/4 lift, stock ride, more articulation. just my 2 cents
There is no way to do an soa for 400
the parts alone are close to 800 just putting the springs on the axle doesnt do it have to get a slip yoke eliminator, modify angles, there is a lot of stuff that goes into it. if i did a soa for 400 i would be worried about the parts i just put into my jeep end up with you drive shaft coming out of the tranny

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
no no no, i know people who have done it for free!!!!, you need to think of the key components, forget the slip yoke for the time being, even wtih a 4.5 inch lift you need a sye. your stock set up will be fine, you need, perches, shock tabs, stock shocks(trust me)
. finding the angles is easy, match the degree in the pinion as is in the yoke, if your have a cv front or rear just point the pinion towards the yoke. on the rear weld the shock tabs on top of the axle, on the front flip the ubolt mount and use the sway bar mount for your new shock tab and then weld new shock tabs on top of the axle for your shocks, use brake line extensions( with the kit) and a tcase lowerin kit(also with the kit)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
i know i am missing some things but aht is the gist of it, alot of people will chime in here soon so jsut read

·
Registered
47 Posts
sua lifts are usually cheaper than soa. especially if you dont have a welder at hand. u can gain back almost all the articulation by disconnecting the sway bars. if you know how to wheel, you probobly wont come to any spots on the trail that you wont be able to pass just because its a sua rather than soa. i have trouble enough trying to find a challenging enough place to offroad around here as it is. :banghead:

i just bought a 4" rough country lift because in my case, it was by far the cheapest way to go. i needed new springs and shocks anyways and a steering stabilizer. and as i mentioned- i dont know anyoneee who welds or has a welder so i'd have to add on an arc welder to my expense for the lift. another words, i was too impatient to wait and just bought the lift. haha

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok ill hear you out. my buddy buys jeeps and builds them up them sells them and he has never said anythink like that he said with out the right stuff doing that would ruin the transmission and someother stuff by jsut flipping the springs to the top???
what else would i need then.
is this what your running??

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sua lifts are usually cheaper than soa. especially if you dont have a welder at hand. u can gain back almost all the articulation by disconnecting the sway bars. if you know how to wheel, you probobly wont come to any spots on the trail that you wont be able to pass just because its a sua rather than soa. i have trouble enough trying to find a challenging enough place to offroad around here as it is. :banghead:

i just bought a 4" rough country lift because in my case, it was by far the cheapest way to go. i needed new springs and shocks anyways and a steering stabilizer. and as i mentioned- i dont know anyoneee who welds or has a welder so i'd have to add on an arc welder to my expense for the lift. another words, i was too impatient to wait and just bought the lift. haha

same here in cali i dont know of anywhere close that is challenging maybe big bear but even that is pretty easy.
so im not to worried about the trail part. im thinking the sua and call it good how does it ride for you??

·
Administrator
12,548 Posts
whats the difference whats free ome??
Free shocks.. Old Man Emu, are very nice riding shocks. about 70 bucks each give or take. Thus if you did end up going that way for the same price you get very nice shocks.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
i think you've been tossing this around on here before. that kit is gonna ride like crap, and perform worse on the trail, and it is very expensive. and soa w/ stock springs is about 5.5"-6"
Dave what's your experience with the 4-1/2" kit? I have been running the 2-1/2" for 2 + years now. Really comes down to the shocks.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
Dave what's your experience with the 4-1/2" kit? I have been running the 2-1/2" for 2 + years now. Really comes down to the shocks.
the part you quoted sums it up. 2 1/2" won't ride terrible, once you start going over 3" w/ sua those springs are big stiff smiley faces. they have to be stiff and ride hard to give you that lift. good shocks will be better than cheap shocks, but shocks won't take away the stiff ride, and won't help stiff springs flex on the trail.

on yjwrangler, you're my bud, but i wouldn't recomend listening to him. his buddies are getting away with cutting corners on the soa, like someone already said, even if it can be done for $400 i wouldn't do it. if you're gonna do it, do it right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts